Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Monday, June 1, 2009

DRS Designs Get Well Challenge

DRS Designs has announced their 22nd Blog Challenge to make Get Well cards. If you need to build up your stash make sure to visit the DT blogs for inspiration using the awesome DRS Designs get well images.

We would love to see your get well projects too. If you have a get well project that you would like to share with us, post a direct link to your project in the comment section of the challenge post on the DRS Designs Blog. If you upload your project to a public gallery, please use the keyword DRSC22.



Here's my Get Well challenge card.




I used the Calla Lilly from the Calla Lilly Sympathy Square image, but cut away the sympathy square part. I wanted this card to be more of a get well card, than a Sympathy one, so it would fit for the challenge. I colored the Calla Lilly with marker and used a glitter pen to color in the yellow centers of the flowers. I used a Nestie die to cut out the image & sponged blue ink around it while it was still in the die.




The background was created by stamping the Silhouette Branch image on smooth green cardstock with green ink. I embellished this card with some white satin ribbon and by strategically placing some pearls. I think this turned out looking very elegant, wouldn't you agree?



Stamps: DRS Designs- Calla Lilly Sympathy Square (L587), Mind and Prayers Greeting (F676), Silhouette Branch Background (H363)
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, SU! Bashful Blue, Handsome Hunter
Paper: Smooth white cardstock by Office Depot, Colored Cardstock by The Paper Company & American Crafts
Accessories: Bic Markers, Hero Arts Pearls, White Satin Ribbon by Offray, SU! Notched Corner Punch, Copic C1 Gray Marker, Yellow Star Lights Glitter Pen
Finished Card Size: 6" x 4.5"




If you haven't seen the Get Well cards made by the rest of the DRS Designs DT make sure to check out Challenge #22 on the DRS Designs blog to see them all. I'll be checking the challenge post for your get well card--so hurry & get-a-creatin'!


Hope you have a wonderful Monday & and a fabulous week!

Thanks for visiting today!

Smiles,
Jennifer

5 comments:

Jessica G. said...

Stunning card, Jennifer! The sponging around the lilies really makes them pop and the sentiment is perfect with it!!

Beth Norman said...

Beautiful card, Jennifer. It really popped out at me.

Anonymous said...

Jen, I have to tell you that I think your card is so stunning!! Beautiful job with the "get well" theme as well!! your flowers are so gorgeous!! :)

Kelley Eubanks said...

This is a beautiful card! I love that green!

Maria Matter said...

Jennifer, this is very beautiful!
Lovely flower and sentiment! TFS!!
Blessings, Maria

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin