Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Friday, June 19, 2009

Repeated Thanks!

Hello & Happy Friday to you all!

I'm still playing with new stamps from DRS Designs that just came out last week, and as a matter of fact, this is the first time I've played with this background stamp too even though I've had it about a year now! It's amazing what you find when you clean up your crafting area--I found all kinds of goodies, from some of my cling mounted DRS Designs stamps, all kinds of ribbon, embellies, and my favorite pair of scissors that I lost a long time ago! Plus, on top of all that now I actually have room to work, as the clutter began to take over!
Anyways, back to today's project...



Have you ever been extremely grateful for something someone else has done for you? Why not thank them with a card made from this repeating Thanks and Thank You stamp? I used it as the main focal image on this project, but it could easily be used as a background stamp as well. I love all the fonts in this stamp. It really drives the "thank you" point home doesn't it?




This Thank You Multi greeting image is one of DRS Designs newest releases. I stamped it and the Easy Square background stamp with green ink. The background was trimmed with green plaid ribbon and I pop-dotted the Multi Greeting layer for some dimension. I trimmed it with a green spiral clip & satin ribbon.




Stamps: DRS Designs- Easy Square Background (H629), Thank You Multi Greeting (H789)
Ink: SU! Handsome Hunter
Paper: Smooth white cardstock by Office Depot, Colored Cardstock by American Crafts
Accessories: Nesties, Plaid Ribbon & Spiral Clip by The Paper Studio, White Satin Ribbon by Offray, EK Success Decorative Corner Punch, foam tape



Well, did I tell you that we're finally getting our landscaping done? If the weather can cooperate for the rest of the weekend, we should have our sod laid pretty soon. I can't wait to show you pictures! Stay tuned!

Hope you have a great Friday & a wonderful weekend!

Thanks for stopping by today!


Smiles,
Jennifer

3 comments:

Jessica G. said...

What a fun way to use this stamp and the perfect sketch to showcase it! Just proves that stamps I'd classified as background stamps stand out as the focal point, too!!

Anonymous said...

Now this is just WAAAY cool!! I love your layout on this one and your monochromatic green!! :) Hope you have a lovely weekend!! HUGS

Beth Norman said...

Neat card. I like how you put this one together--the design, the variety of papers. Lovely!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin