Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Monday, June 15, 2009

DRS Designs Buckle Card Challenge

Today begins another challenge on the DRS Designs Blog. This week the DT was challenged to make a buckle card. You can find a tutorial on how to make these great looking and easy cards HERE on SCS.

We would love for you to play along with the challenge. Post a direct link to your creation in the comment section of the DRS Designs Challenge #23 post so we can check it out! If you upload to a public gallery, please use the keyword, DRSC23.

I created this Hogwash Birthday card for the challenge.



I created the basic layout from using the tutorial link mentioned above. I used brown ink for all of the stamping, and used Prismacolor Pencils and Gamsol to color those cute little piggies!

I had originally planned to use all 3 piggies from the Leonard's Bath Time Buddies stamp on the front. However, once I started creating this card I quickly realized it was too small. They are just too cute to only use one of them, so I used another one to decorate the inside.

Stamps: DRS Designs- Hogwash Saying (E722), Leonard's Bath Time Buddies (K719), Giga Birthday Circle (L488)
Ink: SU! Chocolate Chip
Paper: Smooth white cardstock by Georgia Pacific, Colored Cardstock by The Paper Company, American Crafts
Accessories: Prismacolor Pencils, Gamsol, Ribbon unknown, Brad By Joann's Scrap Essentials, SU! Word Window Punch, EK Success Slim Line Border Punch
Finished Card Size: 4.25" x 5.5"


Make sure to check out the Buckle cards created by the rest of the DT to get your inspiration flowing to create your own buckle card! You can find all of their challenge cards on the DRS Designs blog.

Hope you have a great Monday!

Thanks for visiting!

Smiles,
Jennifer

4 comments:

Jessica G. said...

How fun to use Leo for this technique -- I especially like how you masked off one of the images to coordinate the inside!

Anonymous said...

TEE!! How sweet!! What a fun card with Leonard playing in the mud!! I love your beautiful features on this card with the edging and the ribbons!! Great take on this Jen!! :)

Heather said...

Jennifer, this is adorable. I love the piggie on the inside too, PERFECT!

Cathy Rulli said...

What a fun card!!! TFS

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin