Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day!

I'm pretty sure that all of the people who read my blog are women with interests in stamping and scrapbooking, but in case there are a few dads out there lurking, Happy Father's Day to all of you out there! (and if you are a lurking dad, please leave a comment--I'd love to hear from you!)


Do you have plans to visit dad & family today? We'll be spending time with my dad later tonight for dinner. Here's the card I made for him.




This stamp is new to me. We just had a Hobby Lobby open in our area & all last week the scrapbooking area was 50% off! I couldn't resist a sale like that and had to buy this stamp! I inked it up right away and just knew that it would make a great Father's Day card!

Overall this was a pretty quick and easy card to make. I started by coloring the light house, sand & water with Prismacolor Pencils and blended the colors with Gamsol. I created a Post-It Note mask & sponged blue ink lightly around the light house. I used last weeks CPS Sketch #120 for the layout using my Cuttlebug, brads, ribbon and twine. The ribbon and twine were left over from Christmas gifts we received--I love recycling things like that! The sentiment was 3 separate foam stamps that I had in my stash from a scrapbooking lot I won on eBay a while ago. I can't believe in all of my stamps I don't have a single Father's Day sentiment! Guess I'll have to put that on my wish list, and maybe now that Father's Day s practically passed I'll find one on sale for future use!

I'm very happy with how this card turned out! After my last bout of "lost mojo" which was so severe it was scary, everything about this card fell perfectly in place, just like it was all meant to be. Now, if everything happened like that all of the time, I'd be so much further ahead in creating cards and typing up blog posts ahead of time. But, since it's not, I'm going to continue to strive for it!

Stamps: Stampabilities Beacon of Light, sentiment unknown
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, Colorbox Fluid Chalk Ink in French Blue,
Paper: Smooth white cardstock by Office Depot, Colored Cardstock by American Crafts
Accessories: Prismacolor Pencils, Gamsol, Cuttlebug and Cuttlebug Divine Swirls Embossing Folder, ribbon unknown, twine unknown, brads by The Paper Studio
Finished Card Size: 4.5" x 6.5"


Thanks for taking time out today to stop by and see my work. I hope you've enjoyed seeing this card today & that you have a wonderful day with family and friends, or just relaxing at home!


Smiles,
Jennifer

8 comments:

Beth Norman said...

Lovely FD card. The red and blue are perfect. Glad to hear you finally got a HL. I love to shop in Port Huron's HL biweekly and have been so spoiled with their sales.

Maria Matter said...

Jennifer, this is stunning! Your coloring is amazing!
Blessings, Maria

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card Jen!! Love the fun twine details in the corners..the colors are just fabulous girl!! ;) Hope you had a great weekend!!!

Jessica G. said...

Beautiful card! Striking image and the blue sky sponged around it really makes it pop. I'm a big fan of recycling embellishments, too, especially when they are as appropriate and perfect as these!!

Susan (rainy) said...

Oh my goodness! This is such a gorgeous card! Your coloring and composition is all so perfect and wonderful. I love it.

Thanh Vo said...

Fantastic colouring there my friend!

Tami Bayer said...

This is such a gorgeous FD card. Your coloring is amazing.

Helen Dooley said...

This card is beautiful!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin