Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Monday, June 8, 2009

New Images Coming Soon!


DRS Designs and the DT are working hard preparing for their next image release.

Are you ready?

Here's a sneak peek of what's to come on release day, June 13th...


Remember DRS Designs famous pig, Leonard? Now he's sick and what a cute Get Well card he makes!!

I used a Nestie die to cut the image out from white cardstock, and then I stamped the image again on a Post-It Note to create a mask. I laid the mask on top of the image in the Nestie die and sponged pink ink around it before taking it out of the die. I did the same thing with the "Cured Yet?" tag embellishment. I colored this image with Prismacolor Pencils and blended the colors with Gamsol and after the image was matted I used Diamond Glaze on the vase to "add" water to it.

This card was created using 2 stamps, the image "Leonard's Sick Day Blues," and the "Cured Yet?" sentiment. All of the words you see on this card actually come from 1 stamp. I split the sentiment up, but it actually reads, "Are you 'Cured' yet?" and then "Feel Better Soon!" underneath it.


Stamps: DRS Designs- Leonard's Sick Day Blues, and Cured Yet Sentiment-both to be released on 6/13/09
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, SU! Rose Red
Paper: Smooth white cardstock by Office Depot, Colored Cardstock by American Crafts
Accessories: Prismacolor Pencils, Gamsol, Nesties, Brad by Making Memories, Diamond Glaze, Sponge daubers



Make sure to check out more of the new sneak peeks from the rest of the DT. You can find their blog links on my side bar. I too am very excited & can't wait to see what they did with these new stamps!

I'll have sneak peeks for you here as well for the rest of the week! Make sure to check back often!

Smiles,
Jennifer

5 comments:

Beth Norman said...

Very cute. The pink background looks very nice and so well done.

Jessica G. said...

Fun card! I really like how the sponged background makes your adorable image pop and how you masked off part of the sentiment to create the perfect little tag!!

Samantha said...

I love this card Jennifer! The coloring and the design are terrific! TFS

Anonymous said...

AWWW!!! OMG!! This is just too stinkin' CUTE!!!! I love your take of the sentiment punched out with the circle!! Very beautiful coloring too!! You did the Leonards so proud girl!! :)

Heather said...

This is SOOOO cute! Great job with these images!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin