Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Back To Blogging!

Oh My! Where has the time gone? Sorry for my lack of posting over the last few days. I know we all have busy lives, so I will spare you the details about why I've been too busy to even get on the computer lately. For as much as I strive to post daily I've realized that it's just not always going to happen. However, I do find a little craft time everyday--it might just be thinking up some layouts, doing a little coloring, stamping some images that I'd like to use soon or flat out just making a card from start to finish! I'm thankful for the little bit of down time I have at my real job that allows me to color or draw out layouts when things are slow. It helps when I actually get home and get creative in my craft room. I usually have several colored images already to go! Unfortunately though, computer access is limited at work & besides I don't feel comfortable blogging there, so that often gets put on the back burner until there's down time at home.


The card I have to show you today is one that I've had made up a while ago & now have only had time to share it with you. Funny, I just heard something on the radio today about how majority of people consider their pets regular members of their family, as if they are their own children. So, when a pet passes away many people grieve just like they would for a human being and it's often a nice gesture to send a pet sympathy card.





I used the Cat Paw Background to create my own designer paper for this card, but DRS Designs also has a Dog Paw Background for your stamping needs as well.


Just like all of the other great sayings and sentiments DRS Designs has available, you can also find this Pet Sympathy saying in their catalog.


Stamps: DRS Designs- Pet Sympathy (H074), Cat Paw Background (B698)
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, Colorbox Fluid Chalk Ink in Chestnut Roan, Creamy Brown
Paper: Smooth white cardstock by Office Depot, Colored Cardstock by American Crafts
Accessories: Nesties, Sponge Daubers, Cuttlebug and Cuttlebug Swiss Dots Embossing Folder, Ribbon by Offray, Dress It Up Tiny Dog Buttons, EK Success Decorative Corner Punch
Finished Card Size: 5.5" x 5"



Well, you can plan on seeing a different type of project from me very soon. I've taken the plunge...the ATC plunge that is! The Stamp Shack is full of ATC swaps and many of my friends there rant & rave about them. I've finally signed up for a few to get a taste of what they tell me I've been missing! You can expect to see them here as I complete each set!




I'll have another post for you tomorrow, Promise!


Have a great day!

Smiles,
Jennifer

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a really precious card!! Love those darling paw prints!! :) I have some doggie ones!! Hope you stay cool during the Summer!! HUGS

Kelley Eubanks said...

That is a beautiful card! I just saw your comment on my son's room. I haven't gone back in a while to check my older post comments! Thanks for taking the time to let me know you were visiting!! :-)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin