Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Best Wishes on Your Retirement

Did you order stamps from DRS Designs latest release? If not, or if you haven't seen the new stamps click here to see them. I created this card using the new Best Wishes Retirement Greeting. The Summer is just beginning and it's that time of year when people start retiring in order to enjoy the nice weather. Do you know any one retiring this year?


I used DRS Designs Brush Daffodil image along with this sentiment. I thought it was perfect because I find it to be a very peaceful image when softly colored like I've done here with pencils and Gamsol.


I used Beeswax Shimmerz on the Daffodil flower petals. A little difficult to see but it helped to really give this card the subtle elegance I was looking for.




Stamps: DRS Designs- Brush Daffodil (H846 ), Best Wishes Retirement Greeting (D942)
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, Colorbox Fluid Chalk Ink in Yellow Orchre
Paper: Smooth white cardstock by Georgia Pacific, Colored Cardstock by American Crafts
Accessories: Prismacolor Pencils, Gamsol, Shimmerz, Green Ribbon by The Paper Studio, Yellow Satin Ribbon by Offray, Brads by Making Memories, EK Success Border Punch



I love how this card design and layout are simple enough to give it quite a bit of versatility. Just change up the sentiment and you have a completely different card. It could be a Birthday, Get Well, or even "Just a Note" card.

I hope you've enjoyed this design today. Don't forget to check out all of DRS Designs new images!

See you again tomorrow, right here at Ink N Scrap Habits!


Smiles,
Jennifer

4 comments:

Samantha said...

Great card Jenn. So bright and cheerful!! TFS

Heather said...

This is beautiful! Great job!

Jessica G. said...

Such a fun, cheery color combo and the Shimmerz on the daffodil is gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Really beautiful card!! Love the shimmery flower and your ribbons are adorable on this!! :) TFS

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin