Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Sunflower Pot

My sister's 28th birthday was this past Monday and since she's a huge fan of my cards I knew I had to make her one. I've been seeing more & more of those cute little flower pot cards and so I decided to give it a try for her birthday card. Like me, my sister is huge fan of sunflowers so I tried to create them with some paper punches I had. Here's what I came up with...


Overall I thought this was really cute & my sister loved it, but this was another one of those projects that I was completely surprised by how small the finished project was. I thought this card would fit perfectly in an A2 sized envelope (meaning that the finished card was approx. 4.25" x 5.5"). Well it did fit, but I could have added about 2" across and about another inch or so to the height--my A2 envelope was too big for this card! The pull out card was so narrow that I had to type my inside message just to make it fit and look nice. As you can tell, I used a very small font.


But, now I know, and I've revised the dimensions that I used to create this card so if I want to make it again I'll have them on hand.



I decorated the back as well by heat embossing the Sunflower Recognition stamp by DRS Designs in copper embossing powder. I signed my name with 2 hearts and my sister's birth date.




Stamps: DRS Designs Sunflower Recognition stamp (C786), Studio G Clear Stamps-Happy Birthday
Ink: Colorbox Fluid Chalk Ink in Creamy Brown, SU! Chocolate Chip, Versamark
Paper: Smooth beige cardstock by The Paper Company, Dark Brown cardstock by American Crafts, Bazzill Bling Yellow Cardstock
Accessories: EK Success Flower Punch, Flower die cut from Cricut and George and Basic Shapes Cartridge, Nesties, Cuttlebug and Cuttlebug Swiss Dots Embossing Folder, Colored Safety Pin by Joann's Scrap Essentials, Ribbon by Michael's Dashes, Dots and Checks, EK Success Slim Line Border Punch, Creative Beginnings Copper Embossing Powder, Heat Gun



Thanks for visiting here today & Thank you to all of my readers! I appreciate all of the comments you leave me. I really look forward to reading them everyday!

Hope you have a wonderful day!

Smiles,
Jennifer

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too Cute! TFS!

Jessica G. said...

What a perfect card for a sunflower fan and how creative to make your own flower from punches! Thanks for reminding me about the signature stamps -- I always forget to use them and they really are a perfect finishing touch.

Anonymous said...

I love your flowerpot! I love the fact that you've made your flowers for it with punches!! Very cool idea!! :)

Beth Norman said...

Nice job! This is a fun card, eh?! I'm sure your sister was overjoyed. Here, here about the size of the finished product; it is so large looking on line. I actually made my next ones bigger.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin