Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Sunday, June 7, 2009

CPS119-Butterfly Graduation Card!


Up bright & early today for no apparent reason and I've decided to make use of the time and get a creatin'! I've used this week's CPS sketch 119 to create a non-traditional Graduation card.


I chose to use the DRS Designs floral butterfly image to not only create this card according to the sketch, literally, but also because butterflies are a symbol of change, joy, color, and transformation. Isn't this what graduation is all about as well? Graduation is a major change and it's the beginning of a huge transformation in someone's life, bringing on a whole new level of responsibility. It's also about following your dreams and doing what you aspire.

I used the Rock N Roll technique on this butterfly image, but the difference in pink inks that I used is subtle that it's had to tell. I spiced it up a bit by adding pink and white Stickles to each flower and petal in the image.

I thought this DRS Designs sentiment went perfect with the butterfly image and all it's symbolism. Wouldn't you agree?




Stamps: DRS Designs- Go Confidently Greeting (H965), Flower Butterfly (H056)
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, SU! Pixie Pink, Pink Passion, Summer Sun, More Mustard, and Only Orange
Paper: Smooth white cardstock by Office Depot, Colored Cardstock by The Paper Company, American Crafts
Accessories: Nesties, Sponge Daubers, white brads by American Crafts, colored brads by Queen and Company, Notched Corner Punch, Ribbon unknown, Stickles
Finished Card Size: 4.75" x 7.5"


Thanks for visiting today.

Hope your having a wonderful weekend!

Smiles,
Jennifer

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW!! Jen!! You've done such an awesome job with the sketch!! What pretty colors!! This is so pretty!

Linda Beeson said...

Great colors, nice image and good use of that CPS sketch.

Devon said...

Very pretty card!

Beth Norman said...

Wow, this is such a pretty, pretty card. I like the pink and yellow. The rock and roll technique turned out very nice.

Pamela said...

Great card! I love it!!!

Terri Trotter Earley said...

What fun colors and brads. Fabulous job on the sketch challenge!

It's a good life!
Terri E.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin