Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Thursday, June 4, 2009

A Challenge That's Been A Long Time Coming!

Have I ever told you how much I love Rubbernecker Stamps? If I have it's probably been a while...a long while! I can't even remember the last time I created with them!

I have been meaning to attempt the challenges on the Rubbernecker Blog, but have found them to be a challenge within themselves to complete--until now! I'm so excited to say that I've completed this week's color challenge to use Olive, Pumpkin, and Summer Yellow!

I just love this little cub image--can you say cute?!?! I used the Cut Out card technique on SCS to cut him out with my Nesties. Normally when using Nesties I would have cut his paws off, but this technique let me keep his paws still in the picture. Such a neat technique, I'm glad I found it yesterday while browsing past Technique Lovers challenges.



I used Lime Green Stickles on his little eyes to give this card a little bling, and I think it made him almost creepy looking! LOL! What do you think?



Stamps: Rubbernecker- Cub In Circle
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, Colorbox Fluid Chalk Ink in Creamy Brown,
Paper: Smooth white cardstock by Office Depot, Colored Cardstock by The Paper Company, American Crafts
Accessories: Prismacolor Pencils, Gamsol, Nesties, yellow ribbon by The Paper Studio, Orange & Olive ribbon by Michaels, Brads by O'Scrap, Lime Green Stickles, Spiral Clip by The Paper Studio
Finished Card Size:5 5/8" x 5"

Well, that's it for today. Off to work I go...

Thanks for visiting today!

More fun stuff coming soon! :-)

Smiles,
Jennifer

8 comments:

Broni said...

This adorable little guy could never look creepy! I love the green scalloped frame for him! I'm so glad you finally were able to play along with us!!

Glenda said...

Really like this card. I agree with Broni, the little guy could never look creepy. I would never have thought to use those colours with that stamp.It looks great.

Jessica G. said...

Such a fun cub image and he's perfect for this 'out-of-the-box' technique!

Anonymous said...

WOWZER Jen!! This is sooo gorgeous!! I adore this image and the way his paws are sticking out is just too darn cute!! :)

Joan Ervin said...

Ooooh, my, what a darling image and your coloring looks gorgeous!!!! Yout out of the box cutting looks fabulous, too!!! Thanks for playing along with the Wacky Wednesday challenge!!!

Sherry Cheever said...

Absolutely adorable!

Kittie said...

Jemnifer, This is a precious card. I love your layering under the cub. I am so glad you got to finally play in the WW challenge.

Dawn Frost said...

The cub is adorable! The colours scream Africa and suit the card to perfection.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin