Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

You're On My Mind

Hooray, it's Wednesday!


It's my day off and I just received some new rubber in the mail & today I'm going to play, play, play the day away!


But first, Wednesday also means it's time for my Sketch Wednesday Challenge.


Last night, I had a little time to play & I threw together today's Sketch card. Feel free to play with this sketch as well, if you'd like, but if you do make sure to let me know so I can see your project!

I created this Get Well card, but it could easily be a Sympathy card also since this sentiment from DRS Designs could go either way. I feel like I've been making a lot of Sympathy cards lately and I thought classifying this as a Get Well was a better idea!


I colored this image with Prismacolor Pencils and blended the colors with Gamsol. I used my Nesties to create the image mats and then I added Diamond Glaze to the water area, giving it an authentic look.


I used my New Cuttlebug Borders to create the embossed panel and set it off with ribbon. I stamped the sentiment above it in dark brown ink and then adhered the card front to a dark brown cardstock base.


Stamps: DRS Designs- Mind and Prayers Sympathy Greeting, Cattail Bridge
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, SU! Chocolate Chip
Paper: Smooth white cardstock by Office Depot, Colored Cardstock by The Paper Company
Accessories: Prismacolor Pencils, Gamsol, Nesties, Cuttlebug and Cuttlebug Embossing Borders, Diamond Glaze, Chocolate Ribbon by Ribbons and Bows Oh My
Finished Card Size: 7.25" x 4.25"


There just aren't enough hours in my day today for all that I want to get done, so I have to cut the computer time short. Plus, I can here my studio calling my name...time to get my creative juices flowing & put my fingers to work!

I'll be back tomorrow!

Smiles,
Jennifer

4 comments:

Heather said...

This is beautiful!!!! Great job!

Anonymous said...

Really pretty Jen!! Love how the image is cut out in the circle!! Very pretty coloring too!! :) TFS the fun sketch as well!!

Samantha said...

Wow! Beautiful card, Jennifer! I love how the water came out - it looks so real!

Jessica G. said...

Such an elegant card! Thanks for supplying such a great sketch, too!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin