Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Monday, April 20, 2009

DRS Designs Color Challenge!

Today starts another bi-weekly challenge on the DRS Designs Blog...This time the DT was challenged to make a card with the following colors...

Chocolate Chip
Pink Passion
Summer Sun


(or the closest matches)

We would love for you to participate in our color challenge...DRS images or not! Post a direct link to your creation in the comment section of the Color Challenge post on the DRS Designs Blog and if you upload to a public gallery use the keyword DRSC19. Once again, we're offering some fun blog candy to a lucky participant...so dig out your brights for chance to find some happy mail in your mailbox!!! Drawing will take place Sunday evening, May 3.

Here's my "Make a Wish" Challenge Card!





I colored this image with marker and then created this card following the layout for the latest Splitcoast Stampers Sketch challenge, SCS224. I matted the image several times with coordinating colors, and then wrapped the bottom of the image with pink and yellow ribbon and then matted the image again.





I ran the 2 Summer Sun panels and the brown mat through my Cuttlebug with the Textile Texture Embossing Folder. I also used a decorative corner punch on all 4 corners of the brown mat and applied pink passion rhinestones for some extra color & bling!


Stamps: DRS Designs- Birthday Candle Burst
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, SU! Pink Passion
Paper: Smooth white cardstock by Office Depot, Colored Cardstock by The Paper Company, American Crafts
Accessories: Bic Markers, Cuttlebug and Cuttlebug Textile Texture Embossing Folder, yellow ribbon by Michael's Dashes, Dots and Checks and pink ribbon unknown from my stash, Adhesive Rhinestones by Hero Arts, EK Success Decorative Corner Punch.
Finished Card Size: 5 1/8" x 5 5/8"




I hope you'll join us in this challenge. I'll be browsing the comments on the Challenge post looking for your challenge card! You can be sure to get a comment from me! :-)


Make sure to check out the other inspiring projects from the rest of the DRS Design Team:



Thanks for visiting my blog today. Hope you have a wonderful Monday!


Smiles,
Jennifer

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great card and I LOVE the colors!!!

XOXO
Sara

Jessica G. said...

We were both thinking birthdays with this color combo -- must have been the chocolate! Fun card; I really like the CB panels for the perfect texture!!

Heather said...

Fabulous card! Great job!

Anonymous said...

Hi Jen!! WOW! What a gorgeous job you've done with these colors!! I love it!!

Traci G said...

love these!!! I always love cute birthday candles, and these cards are great!!! Love the challenge colors too! Very nice!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin