Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Thursday, April 16, 2009

"Beer is Proof that Gods loves Us!"

In my new package of rubber from DRS Designs the other day, I received this fun quote from Ben Franklin. "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." I can see myself using this quote over & over for all of the masculine cards I need to make over the next year!




Here's my first one, using this week's CPS Sketch 111 for the layout. What guy wouldn't love getting a card like this for his birthday?


This sketch was pretty easy to work with. I colored the beer mug image with marker and painted the "foam" with Shimmerz. Then I added Diamond Glaze to the mug and handle giving it that real glass look.


Stamps: DRS Designs- Franklin's Wisest Words, Large Beer Mug
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black
Paper: Smooth white cardstock by Office Depot, Colored Cardstock by The Paper Company and Bazzill
Accessories: Bic Markers, Nesties, Diamond Glaze, Opal Shimmerz
Finished Card Size: 4.25" x 6.5"



My Husband doesn't really understand my card making addiction. Regardless, I always show him my cards and ask him what he thinks and I usually get a response like "Oh It's perfect!" with tons of sarcasm. However, when I showed him this card, his face lit up & he said that he "liked this one, now only if you could make it a scratch and sniff!" Little does he know that we can actually make scratch & sniff cards, but how would you create the beer smell? Do they make beer flavored Kool-Aid???


I guess to some, beer and happiness go hand & hand. Maybe Ben Franklin was right, but all I do know is that boys will always be boys!

Smiles,
Jennifer


5 comments:

Jessica G. said...

Scratch and sniff beer would be hilarious! Great job with the sketch -- it's a perfect masculine card!

Anonymous said...

This is such a fun card!! And it would make a wonderful masculine card!! And Jess is right about the scratch n' sniff!! :)

Samantha said...

This card is making me thirsty!!!

Lisa Kind said...

Love this card, Jennifer! I made a card for my hubby's friend's
50th birthday, and he loved it! It was very similar to yours. His reaction to my cards and the beer card were the same as your hubby's! If you find that beer flavored Kool-Aid, let me know! LOL!

Charity Hassel said...

very creative! thanks for using the cps sketch this week!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin