Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

CPS 112-Marty the Marshmellow!


I received this adorable Marshmellow poem and this cute Marty the Marshmellow stamp in my bag of goodies from DRS Designs last week. I've been on cardmaking over load for the last several days since I'm going out of town later this week. I felt a need to complete this weeks CPS challenge early.




I guess I never realized how big Marty the Marshmellow really was until I started playing with this sketch. He only measures about 1" x 1.5." I doesn't seem that big until you try to line 3 of them up diagonally! This card turned out HUGE! It measures 7.75" x 5 5/8." I think this is the largest card I've ever made! So, as you see there was no way I could have lined up 3 Marty the Marshmellows-I had to down scale the middle circle and use a decorative brad instead.




Not too much coloring on this card, but I did use a Cool Gray Copic Marker (C1) to outline the marshmellow images and used Versamark to stamp him repeatedly on the gray cardstock.



Here's close up of the poem. Isn't it cute!



Stamps: DRS Designs- Marty the Marshmellow, Marshmellow Greeting, Flower/Zig Zag Card Edger
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, Versamark
Paper: Smooth white cardstock by Office Depot, Colored Cardstock by The Paper Company, American Crafts
Accessories: Fiskars Treading Water Border Punch, Nesties, Copic Marker C1, Brad by Joann's Scrap Essentials
Finished Card Size: 7.75" x 5 5/8"


Thanks for visiting here today. Sorry to cut things a little short--with the hectic-ness of leaving on Thursday morning and still having to pack, finish up some last minute projects and putting in a full day of work at my real job today & tomorrow, I gotta run!

Have a great day!

Smiles,
Jennifer

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jen!! This is such a cuite!!! I love those marshmallows and your layout is way cool!! :)

Jessica G. said...

Fun sentiment! This would be a great card to go with a s'mores gift set!

Genevieve said...

very cute :)

Elise said...

That is the CUTEST stinkin' marshmallow and ADORABLE card! Absolutely darling!

Linda Beeson said...

No way, those marshmallows are just too much! Adorable card and great use of that CPS sketch.

Pamela said...

Great card! Those marshmallows are awesome!

Anonymous said...

very cute card jen! the marshmellows are very cute!!!
bell

Lea L. said...

How cute is this! Great job with CPS 112!

~Lea

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin