Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Star Light, Star Bright


Now that Easter is over it's time to start thinking Memorial Day right? LOL! I know, not so fast...I don't mean to wish away Spring before it's hardly started, but I'm ready for warmer temperatures. It's still very chilly here in Michigan. Spring is really taking it's time.


So, I'm just going to pretend it 70 degrees outside, and with that in mind I've created this Red, White and Blue with the idea that Summer is just around the corner. The sentiment shown here is one of the latest releases from DRS Designs.


I gave this card a Patriotic theme, but this sentiment could very well be made as welcome baby card too. I stamped the sentiment in SU! Real Red ink and then heat embossed the star background with white embossing powder on red and blue cardstock. Once I had the card assembled I applied Stickles to the some of the stars, to add a little sparkle to this card.



I love the delicate look of the little white satin bows.



Stamps: DRS Designs- Star Light, Star Bright Sentiment, Interlocking Star Background
Ink: Versamark, SU! Real Red
Paper: Smooth white cardstock by Office Depot, Colored Cardstock by American Crafts
Accessories: Creative Beginning White Embossing Powder, Heat gun, Ribbon by Offray, Stickles
Finished Card Size: 6" x 6"


Are you just as ready for Summer as I am? I love the warm weather, but not the humidity or the the wild Summer thunderstorms that we get. I know, patience is a virtue, and it will be here before we know it!

Thanks for stopping by & for all of your sweet comments lately. I appreciate each and every one!

Have a wonderful day!

Smiles,
Jennifer

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW Jennifer!! Now this is just gorgeous!! Really love the way you've used this BG stamp!! :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin