Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Thursday, April 9, 2009

Flitter, Flutter, Glide...

...a Butterfly at Play!


Have you noticed how popular butterflies are right now in the paper crafting world? I'm seeing butterflies everywhere-blogs, card galleries, scrapbook pages, altered items etc.! Perhaps we all have Spring fever!


Well, I've joined the butterfly bandwagon and put this new sentiment from DRS Designs and their Butterfly ribbon slide image to use.



Instead of using the ribbon slide as a ribbon slide, I added 3 black brads where the ribbon would "slide" through the paper. I like the look of the brads, as it gives a sense of them having an actual body! Plus, by bending up the paper, held in place by the brad "wings" it actually looks like the butterflies have landed strategically on this card.


Stamps: DRS Designs- Flitter, Flutter Butterfly Greeting, Butterfly Ribbon Slide
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, SU! Rose Red
Paper: Smooth white cardstock by Office Depot, Colored Cardstock by American Crafts
Accessories: Prismacolor Pencils, Brads by Joann's Scrap Essentials, Martha Stewart Zig Zag border Punch, Ribbon by The Paper Studio
Finished Card Size: 5" x 5.75"



Have you joined the butterfly bandwagon?

Hope you have a wonderful Thursday (just try to forget about the full moon!)

Smiles,
Jennifer

5 comments:

Jessica G. said...

Great summer card -- those vibrant colors really pop against the dark background! Fun way to multi-purpose the butterfly slides and I really like how you folded them up to give a 3-D effect!

Beth Norman said...

Love this. So bright. It really packs a punch.

Heather said...

This is beautiful! I love the butterflies and the colors you used are awesome!

Nancy said...

Oh, I absolutely love this sentiment! It's awesome!! Beautiful butterflies!

Anonymous said...

So pretty Jen!! I really love those butterflies! They're gorgeous and so is your layout!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin