Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Take It Slow, One Day at a Time!

Happy Wednesday!
Half the work week is already over...are you excited about that like I am? I'm looking forward to having this weekend off!
Here's another sketch for you to play with if you have time this week or over the weekend.

Here's my version of it.

How cute is this little snail? Her name is Sally! What could be more appropriate to complement her other than this sentiment? Isn't it perfect? Both this image and the sentiment were just released last Friday by DRS Designs. Have you seen all of their new stamps yet?

I made this card several weeks ago preparing for the new releases to be released, but I'm planning on making another one for my Grandma. She has had trouble with her back for such a long time & finally got the courage to have surgery on it in an attempt to make things better for herself. Her surgery was about 10 days ago & she's recovering well, but she has to take it easy. She is in therapy and can only stay in a sitting position for 30 minutes a day! But, she can do all the walking she wants with a walker. Kind of weird huh? She gets a kick out of my hand-made cards & I know she'll love this one. It represents her recovery to a tee, as her doctor said it will be at least 2 years before she can be 100% free to do what she wants & be released from his care.



I colored this image with Prismacolor Pencils and blended the colors with Gamsol. The sentiment was stamped in SU! Close to Cocoa ink. There's lots of decorating on this card using my SU! Photo Corner punch, and it wouldn't be complete without adding ribbon--2 kinds on this card--the blue and white plaid and the brown satin on top!

Stamps: DRS Designs- Sally the Snail, One Day at a Time Sentiment
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, Colorbox Fluid Chalk Ink in French Blue, SU! Ink in Close To Cocoa
Paper: Smooth white cardstock by Office Depot, Colored Cardstock by American Crafts
Accessories: Prismacolor Pencils, Gamsol, Bic Markers, Nesties, Cuttlebug and Cuttlebug Embossing Folder
Finished Card Size: 6" x 3.5"



Hope you enjoyed meeting Sally the Snail today.

Please leave me a link if you get a chance to play with this sketch. I'd love to see your work!

Thanks for visiting today!


Smiles,
Jennifer

5 comments:

Heather said...

This is super cute! I love all of the layers. Great card!

Samantha said...

I love, love, love this card!! Your mojo was set to "super" today! Thanks for sharing.

Jessica G. said...

Great job with the sketch and what a perfect card for your Grandma! Hope her recovery is smooth and steady!!

Beth Norman said...

Adorable. You did a wonderful job with the layout.

Anonymous said...

What a really sweet creation!! WOW!! I just love your fun sketch and design with your adorable snail and the colors!! :) TFS!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin