Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Saturday, April 4, 2009

Sweet Bunny Easter Greetings!

So, have any of you noticed that I changed up my blog again? I really liked the blue color that it was, but every time I viewed my blog I was having a hard time reading the typed font. If I was having trouble, I'm sure many of you were having trouble too. So, I decided to get rid of it! We're back to plain Jane today. I've been browsing backgrounds on The Cutest Blog on the Block and nothing there is really catching my eye right now. If any of you know of other blog background sites that are easy to use and don't delete all of your widgets when you install them, please let me know. I'm not too experienced in that department. Let me know if these changes are for better or worse. I'd be interested in your opinions. Ok, enough chit-chat for now, lets move on to today's project...



Today is the big reveal day!! All of the new designs the DRS DT has been showing you all week are available now! Click here to see all of their new releases! Did you all enjoy the first DRS Designs Blog Hop? I loved seeing what everyone did with the new designs.



Unfortunately, I'm not showing any of the DRS Designs new images today, I will tomorrow. While watching reruns of Grays Anatomy and Private Practice the other night, I put this weeks CPS Sketch into play and created this Sweet Bunny Easter Card. I wanted to post this before the week was up and they changed the sketch.




Isn't this image just too cute? This cuddly little rabbit is the Praying Bunny image by DRS Designs. I used 2 different stamps for the sentiment, the Easter...The Promise of God's Love stamps and the Easter Greetings with Cross image.


I colored the image with Prismacolor Pencils and blended the colors with Gamsol. I also used green ink to distress the edge of the image where the grass is located.

Stamps: DRS Designs- Praying Bunny, Easter the Promisr of God's Love Sentiment, Easter Greetings with Cross
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, SU! Handsome Hunter
Paper: Smooth white cardstock by Office Depot, Colored Cardstock by American Crafts
Accessories: Prismacolor Pencils, Gamsol, Nesties, Brads by Making Memories, Ribbon is Dashes, Dots and Checks by Michael's
Finished Card Size: 7" x 4"



Last night, I realized that I never mentioned anything about my 4 layer Fun Filled Friday Challenge Card yesterday. I guess I got so wrapped up in the DRS Designs Blog Hop that it totally skipped my mind. I figured that I could just consider the card I posted yesterday for it, but are you supposed to count the card base when counting layers? If so, that card had 6 layers and today's card isn't any better with 5 layers. Perhaps we won't count the card base on this card & say it has four major layers, ok? I promise to do better with next week's FFF Challenge. Don't forget to check out Kimmy's 4 layer card and leave some comments!


So, any big plans for this weekend? This is my weekend to work both Saturday and Sunday mornings, so it will be early to bed and early to rise for me, but I do hope to catch the MSU Final Four game later this evening.

GO SPARTANS!

I'm off on Monday, so that will have to be my play day!

Hope you have a great weekend!


Smiles,
Jennifer

3 comments:

Heather said...

This card is SO cute! Great job coloring! Hope you have a great weekend.

Jeanne S said...

What a sweet bunny! Great take on the sketch!

Anonymous said...

Hey Jen!! :) What a really sweet card!! Fab take on the sketch and the colors I LOVE!! TFS!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin