Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Friday, April 10, 2009

Easter Greetings

Signs of nicer weather can only mean a couple things--Spring and Easter--that is of course if Mother Nature can keep the snow away! She's showered us with flakes several times this last week!


Well, can you believe Easter is this Weekend already?


Here's my challenge card for this week's Easter Fun Filled Friday challenge. I thought it was appropriate to share this one on Good Friday, and I have other more-traditional Easter cards that I'll share over the weekend.


Both the image and the sentiment are by DRS Designs stamped in brown ink. I colored the cross with Prismacolor pencils and blended the colors with Gamsol. I used the SU! Notched Corner punch and matted it on brown cardstock. I added yellow rhinestones in the corners to add a bit more color to the image. I stamped the Earth's Saddest Day sentiment as shown on yellow cardstock and added a big, brown, satin bow above it.


Did you get a chance to participate in our Fun Filled Friday challenge this week by making an Easter card or two of your own? I'd love to see it if you did. Don't forget to leave me a link so I can comment on your card too!


You can see Kimmy's Challenge card here. Wonder if she used a fluffy bunny on her card?????


So, are your Easter plans underway? I think this is the first Easter DH and I will spend together in the 7.5 years we've been together. We'll be "family hopping" just like we did for Christmas. Unfortunately no bunnies hiding eggs here...not yet anyways!


Stamps: DRS Designs- Easter Greetings With Cross, Earth's Saddest Day
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, Colorbox Fluid Chalk Ink in Creamy Brown, SU! Close to Cocoa
Paper: Smooth white cardstock by Office Depot, Colored Cardstock by The Paper Company and American Crafts
Accessories: Prismacolor Pencils, Gamsol, Midori Double Faced Satin Ribbon in Velvet Brown, K & Company Brenda Walton Adhesive Rhinestones, SU! Notched Corner Punch
Finished Card Size: 6" x 4 1/8"


Thanks for stopping by today! I hope you'll stop by again tomorrow. I'll have another Easter project to share with you as well. Stay tuned for Sunday to see what next week's Fun Filled Friday theme is.


Have a wonderful weekend!




I hope the Bunny is good to you!



Smiles,
Jennifer

3 comments:

Jessica G. said...

Great image and perfect sentiment! What an appropriate card for today!!

Anonymous said...

Very lovely colors for this card!! This shows off the image so nicely!! :) I hope you and your family have a blessed Easter weekend!! HUGS!

Heather said...

This is beautiful! Hope you have a Happy Easter!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin