Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

The Tassel is Worth the Hassel!

Happy Wednesday!

Here's a sketch I played with over the weekend at my stamping retreat. I love this new sentiment--so perfect for this time of year when Graduations and Grad parties are slowly sneaking up on us! It will be available for purchase from DRS Designs this Saturday, May 2nd.

For this card I created my own Graduation cap to go with this sentiment by using 2 squares, and altering one of them to look like it is angled to fit on someone's head. I used a brad for the top and created the tassel from white embroidery thread.

Plain and simple, I just stamped the sentiment with black ink on a panel that follows the sketch.


Graduation ribbon pulls the whole card together nicely and adds a nice finishing touch.




Stamps: DRS Designs- Tassel Worth the Hassel Sentiment (available for purcahse on 5/2/09)
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black
Paper: Cardstock by American Crafts
Accessories: Nesties, Cuttlebug and Cuttlebug Swiss Dots Embossing Folder, ribbon by The Paper Studio, DMC Embroidery Floss, Brad by Joann's Scrap Essentials, 3D- Dots
Finished Card Size: 5.25" x 4.5"


Tomorrow is the big day over at DRS Designs. Are you ready for the next blog hop to see all of the images that will be released on Saturday? Make sure to start at the DRS Designs Blog for stop #1 and hop along with us--there's a blog candy reward for your efforts--you just have to find it! :-)


Have a great day!

Smiles,
Jennifer

4 comments:

Cathy Rulli said...

Fun card - tfs

Jessica G. said...

I made a card similar to this with a tassel out of gold cording, but I think I like your embroidery floss even better! Perfect graduation cap!!

Anonymous said...

Very cool Jen!! Love your idea with the hat!! Why didn't I think to do this with the sentiment?!!! SHEESH!

Traci G said...

LOVE this!!!!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin