Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Friday, September 12, 2008

You're in My Thoughts...

So sorry for the delay in showing you my Fun Filled Friday Sympathy card. To be honest with this being such a difficult topic for me create cards for, I put it off until the last minute. I have to admit though, I'm happy with the results!

I had no direction for this card. It took me a while to decide what stamp to use, and when I did, I just pulled out my markers and colored it. From there, I decided what I wanted for my base card--light pink A2 size card base.




This card is unique for me, not only in topic, but also in layout. I tend to layer and layer (and layer! LOL!) my cards. Not much of that was done on this card. To create the serene impression I wanted my Sympathy card to have, I thought the simpler it was, the better for this topic.




So, what do you think? How'd I do? Does this fit the classic style for a Sympathy card? Or is it too cutesy/fun looking?

Don't forget to check out Kimmy's Sympathy card!

Stamps: DRS Designs- Rose image by Inkadinkado, Sentiment by Stampendous
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, SU! Rose Red for sentiment, Colorbox Fluid Chalk ink in Pink Pastel for distressing edges around Rose image.
Paper: Smooth white cardstock by Office Depot, colored cardstock by Bazzill
Accessories: Bic Markers, Ribbon by Bobbie M. Designs


Smiles,
Jennifer

1 comment:

ChrissyM said...

What a lovely sympathy card! I think it is fantastic! I am horrible when it comes to making sympathy cards, this isn't something up my alley. I love your card, it is perfect!!! Well done!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin