Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Card Sketch #10 and Halloween Sneak Peek!

WOW! Can't believe this is my 10th week posting card sketches! Did you make a card using this sketch?


Here's my Sketch Challenge card!

All you Halloween lovers out there, this ones for you! This card features 2 new stamps by DRS Designs which will be released on September 15th. Start making your wish list as the other Design Team members and I will be showing off stamps from this next release all week.


I used black embossing powder on orange cardstock with the silhouette image and the sentiment. I then used a craft knife to cut out the eyes, nose, and mouth on the pumpkin and put yellow cardstock behind it to make it look like it was glowing. I used my Nestabilities to create the yellow scallop behind the image and to create the entire tag. To finish the card I just layered cardstock following the layout in the sketch. The sentiment tag is pop-dotted to give this card some dimension. The cardstock base measures 7 5/8" x 4 1/4."

You can find these stamps on September 15th at DRS Designs.

You can find the blogs of the all DRS Design Team Members on the right hand column of my blog or on the DRS Designs Blog. Make sure to check out their sneak peeks as well!

Stamps: DRS Designs- Halloween Silhouette Image, A Treat for You! sentiment
Ink: Rubber Stampede Embossing Ink
Paper: Cardstock by Paper Reflections
Accessories: Creative Beginnings Black Embossing Powder, Nesties, Ribbon by May Arts, 3D-Dots

Have a great Wednesday!

Smiles,
Jennifer

8 comments:

Ethel Amutan said...

Must, must, must try this sketch! I love it! I'm also thinking something Halloween-y would fit the bill, perfectly!

CharityHand said...

Great sketch. I need to try this one!

Heather said...

Terrific card!

Traci G said...

I should try doing some sketches...I'm always looking for new ideas, so it would be perfect. This is a great Halloween card! Thanks for the inspriration!

Sherri Thacker said...

I really should try some new sketches too and this looks easy enough. Love your blog by the way :)

Tami Bayer said...

Great sketch for this adorable stamp. Love your blog design, too. So adorable.

StampinCathy said...

This is just to spookin cute!

Jovita @ Inky Impressions said...

Wonderful sketch and I love Halloween cards and yours is perfect, love that you embossed the image.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin