Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Monday, September 22, 2008

Happy Fall Ya'll!

It's--the--most--Wonderful--Time--of--year!
(Imagine the tune by Andy Williams playing here!)


Ok, maybe the words to that song don't quite fit, because today celebrates the first the day of Fall. Yeah! It's officially Autumn!



My favorite season, don't ya know? This is my most Wonderful Time of the year!


In honor of the season change, I made a card today that completely focuses on Fall and how the season is characterized with the color change and "fall" of leaves.








I love this card! I think it's one of my favorites! It was fun to make and it was one of those cards that worked out just like the plan my head. Do you know what I mean? Unfortunately, these pictures don't do it justice! It is so elegant and I tried my best to capture it so you could see it. This card also features some of the new stamps released just last week by DRS Designs. You can see their new stamps here.


To make this card I first used smooth white cardstock and stamped the silhouette leaf repeatedly in different colors using the stamp-off technique. Then I stamped the new Changing Leaves sentiment with embossing ink and heat embossed it using copper embossing powder over the leaves. I then inked the edges with orange ink. I matted it as shown and then punched a hole to set a copper eyelet near the bottom right corner.



Next, I created the hanging leaf tag, using the new Tiny Fall Leaf stamp and orange ink on smooth white cardstock. I colored it and shaded the area around it with chalk. I used my circle Nesties to cut it out and then inked the edges in orange. I matted it with copper cardstock and then used my scallop circle Nesties to create the scalloped base. I also added a copper eyelet to this as well.






I created the cardstock base from orange cardstock to measure for a 4.25" x 7" card. I cut ivory cardstock so that I could layer the base with it and see a small portion of the orange all the way around. The ivory cardstock was decorated by heat embossing the Leaf Edger stamp at the top and bottom with copper embossing powder. I then used orange chalk and colored in each leaf, and inked the edges of the ivory cardstock with orange ink. The ivory cardstock was then adhered to the cardstock base.








I used gold thread to loop the eyelet in the matted sentiment and the eyelet in the leaf tag together. This allowed the leaf tag to dangle when the sentiment was adhered to the card base. I love the pun here--It really looks like the little leaf is "Falling!" LOL!






Stamps: DRS Designs- Changing Leaves Greeting, Silhouette Leaf, Tiny fall Leaf, Leaf Edger,
Ink: Colorbox Fluid Chalk Ink in Tangerine, Chestnut Brown, Yellow Ochre, Warm Red, and Lime Pastel, Embossing Ink by Rubber Stampede.
Paper: Smooth white cardstock by Office Depot, Bazzill cardstock, and smooth cardstock by Paper Reflections.
Accessories: Gold Thread by Sulky, Copper Eyelets by Joann's Scrap Essentials, Nesties, Inkadinkado chalk



My Husband and I celebrate our Wedding anniversary in October, so we always plan a day together to spend at the cider mill...warm cinnamon donuts, fresh apple cider, and a long walk in the fallen leaves, just the 2 of us! I look forward to it every year!



Is Fall your favorite season too?

If not, what season is your favorite and why? What Fall activities do you enjoy?

Stay tuned...I have more Autumn, Halloween, and Thanksgiving cards to show you all week!


Smiles,
Jennifer

1 comment:

Heather said...

This card is wonderful! Just absolutely beautiful!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin