Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Spooky Halloween Fun!

It won't be long before Halloween is upon us!
Here's another card I made with my new Fall/Halloween stamps by DRS Designs.





I created this patch work look by stamping my images on white cardstock and cutting them down to size and covering the paper edges with black and orange ribbon. All of the stamps seen here are from DRS Designs new release, except the pumpkin and the candy corn edger. I used markers to color them all, and used black chalk to shade around each stamp giving the smoky, spooky look. This card is large, approximately 6"x 5.5".







I really like the stamp in the upper right corner. This stamp could be used to decorate an envelope to a Halloween card you've made. The square you see on the tombstone behind the pumpkin is where you can put your postage stamp. The writing on the other tombstone reads "From the Dead Letter Office." You can see the image better here. Since I wasn't using this on an envelope, I decided to put the pumpkin there with a pop-dot to use up the space.






Stamps: DRS Designs- Dead Letter Postage Frame, RIP Headstone, Wicked Halloween Sentiment, Small Jack O Lantern, Candy Corn Edger
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black
Paper: Smooth white cardstock by Office Depot, Colored Cardstock by Paper Reflections
Accessories: Bic Markers, Ribbon by May Arts, Orange Brads by Making Memories, Pop-Dots, Chalk by Inkadinkado




Smiles,
Jennifer

2 comments:

Traci G said...

This is such a great card, and I LOVE the sentiment! Wicked is such a fun word! Especially this time of year!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, fab card. The design layout is quite clever.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin