Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Sunday, September 7, 2008

Fun Filled Friday Challenge Announcement

This weeks fun Filled Friday Challenge is not so fun. However, there's a time when we all need them, and I have mixed feeling about creating them. (I can see the puzzled look on your face as you wonder what the heck I'm talking about.) Well, I'm talking about Sympathy cards.

For the longest time I had this idea in my head that sympathy cards should not be made, they should be bought, you know, like from Hallmark. I believe that hand made cards should always be kept. But, in times of Sympathy, who would want to keep a card that was made in times of true sadness? Especially if the recipient kept the hand made card, and then remembered the sad occasion every time they saw that card.

Well, I have changed my ways of thinking and now believe that it's OK to create sympathy cards. From all of the galleries I've searched and from all of the blogs I've read, I see how truly beautiful sympathy cards can be. In times when sympathy is needed, I've realized that a hand made card can really help comfort the recipient. I've learned that recipients cherish the thoughtfulness that hand made cards display and honor special remembrances of their loved one and the times you may have had with that person.

I don't think the mixed feelings I have about making Sympathy cards will ever really go away, but I am trying to become more open minded about making them.

So, with that in mind, this weeks challenge is to create a sympathy card. Won't you join us in this challenge?

Please leave me a comment. I'd like to see how everyone else feels about this topic.
Do you make Sympathy cards or do you buy them when necessary?
How do you feel about making/receiving sympathy cards?

Make sure to check back on Friday to see my card.


Smiles,
Jennifer

2 comments:

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Hey, what happened to your cool blue look? I make sympathy cards. Believe it or not, I kept all my sympathy cards from my dad's death. I like to reread them to remember how well he was loved. Sympathy cards are the hardest ones for me to create, and I can't wait to see what you came up with.

MaryNSC said...

I think I will try ..a friends Mama just died and I've been trying to think of something special to do for her..WELL I guess this is it.:O) I will let U know..Is I before E.. I alwasys type backwards.:O(

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin