Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Friday, September 19, 2008

Reflection Card for FFF!


This week Kimmy and I were challenged to make Scenery Reflection type cards for our Fun Filled Friday Challenge. I thought I could tackle this challenge with no problems...until I started it! Wow! This is so much harder than I thought. All week long I knew what stamp I wanted to use for this challenge and then when it was time to get started I realized how big this stamp actually was and questioned how I was going to make this work.



Kimmy and I actually got together to stamp on Wednesday. She was able to offer me some advice to help me get started and steer me in the right direction. Here's my challenge card, although I'm not very happy with my image, I love the layout and the colors! I'll have to try this technique again one day & give it another shot.




So, as promised...this card is not Fall or Halloween related! I used this technique and created the trees and their reflection with black ink. I used Post-It Notes to mask off a "horizon" and sponged green ink along it, and then blue ink below it to resemble water. I used markers to add green to the trees and to draw in grass and weeds along the water line. I used chalk to shade the blue sky and the green reflection from the trees. I recently bought a few jars of Shimmerz and thought I'd try them out on this card. So, I used Sagebrush Shimmerz to add green tint and a little sparkle to the trees and their reflection, but it is hard to see in these photos.

The main image was cut out using my oval Coluzzle, then layered as shown with dark green, light blue, and lime green cardstock. I added a light blue brad in each corner, and used my horizontal Slot punch to create holes so I could add ribbon. I threaded the ribbon through the holes and ties it in a knot on the right side of the image.

I computer generated the "Happy Birthday" sentiment using PegsannaHMK, size 10 font, printed on cardstock. I cut it out and sponged it with green ink. I adhered it to my card front using a metal frame accent from TAC.

I created the card base from matching dark green cardstock that measures for a 5 1/8" x 5 7/8" card, and adhered my card front to it.



Stamps: Tree Image by Denami Designs
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, Colorbox Fluid Chalk ink in Lime Pastel, Olive Pastel, French Blue
Paper: Smooth white cardstock by Office Depot, Colored cardstock by Paper Reflections and DCWV
Accessories: Oval Coluzzle, Ribbon by American Crafts, Brads by Joann's Scrap Essentials, SU! Horizontal Punch, Shimmerz in Sagebrush, Bic Markers, Chalk by Inkadinkado, Metal Frame and brads from TAC.


Don't forget to check out Kimmy's Reflection card.

Did you make a reflection card this week? make sure to post a link here so I can see it!

Please leave me a comment, I'd love to hear from you today!

Have a great Friday & a Happy Stamping Weekend!

TGIF!

Smiles,
Jennifer

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This card is gorgeous!! I love the reflection of it!! You've done an awesome job!! :) Have a great weekend friend!

Traci G said...

This is a great card! Beautiful!

Something looks different here too! I like it!!!! Polka dots have always been a favorite of mine!

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Pretty, pretty card. Excellent job on the reflection.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin