Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Monday, September 1, 2008

ATC Challenge

Have you seen the new challenge posted today by DRS Designs? The challenge is to make an Artist Trading Card (ATC). For all you ATC lovers out there, this one's for you! We'd love for you to join us in our challenges. Make sure to hang on to the ATC you make and check back to join in on the second part of this challenge in 2 weeks! Be sure to post a comment with a direct link to your project so we can come check it out! If you upload to SCS, please use the keyword DRSC3.

For those of you unfamiliar with ATC's you can see a tutorial here. ATC's are small pieces of art that measure 3.5" x 2.5." They can be used for trading with other artists, or be used as an embellishment when creating a larger art piece, such as on a greeting card etc.

The weather here in Michigan is hot and humid again, near 90 degrees, so I'm thinking of the Holidays again to cool off. This snowman from DRS Designs is perfect for that!



To make this ATC, I first stamped and colored the snowman image with markers. Then I trimmed the white cardstock down around him, and used my corner rounder punch on each corner. I used my Stamp-a-ma-jig to position the Happy Holidays as shown. (The "Happy Holidays" sentiment is actually one stamp, however, when I stamped it, I only inked up the word I wanted.) Next, I matted it with dark blue cardstock and used the corner rounder on it as well.


I created my ATC base by first cutting my red cardstock to ATC size. Then I found a coordinating light blue piece of cardstock from my scraps and cut it so that when matted with the red cardstock you could see a thin border of red around it. I decorated it with the snowflake background and light blue ink. After I did this I thought it looked a little plain, so I ran it through my snowflake Cuttlebug embossing folder to give it some texture. To make the base match my matted image piece, I used the corner rounder on it as well.

I added red grosgrain ribbon down the center of the ATC to add more red to ATC without going overboard. Next, I adhered the matted image in the center of the ATC. I added Stickles to the snowman as a final touch and set it aside to dry. You can see the sparkle of the Stickles really well in the picture below. Sorry it has a yellow tint!



  • Stamps: DRS Designs-Simply a Snowman, Happy Holidays, Snowflake Background
  • Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, Colorbox Fluid Chalk in Azurite Blue and Warm Red
  • Paper: Smooth white cardstock from Office Depot, Bazzill Cardstock
  • Accessories: Cuttlebug Embossing Folder, Icicle Stickles by Ranger, EK Success Corner Rounder Punch, Bic Markers, Bobbie M. Designs Red Grosgrain Ribbon

Make Sure to check out the ATC's from the rest of the DRS Designs DT:

Angel

Cathy

Etha

Dawn

Janette

Vicki

Heather

Jessica


Have a Wonderful Labor Day!

Smiles,
Jennifer

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like your snowman ATC for the 90 degree weather, but am not ready for that yet! Great ATC! Spartymom

ChrissyM said...

This is adorable!!!

Heather said...

This is wonderful! I love everything about it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin