Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Thursday, September 11, 2008

CS193, CC183, and the Wizard of Oz Halloween Sneak Peek!

I decided to give the SCS Color Challenge (CC183) a try. This weeks challenge colors were to use gray, green, and red. I actually colored this image before I knew what the color challenge was so, I had to follow through and finish it as if I planned it that way. LOL! Once I was ready to figure out what layout would work for this image and a sentiment, I quickly realized that the latest sketch challenge on SCS (CS193) would be perfect! Completing 2 SCS challenges in 1 card is a first for me!


The main image and the sentiment are both part of the new Halloween release that will be available by DRS Designs on September 15th. It's perfect with this sentiment, huh?


I colored the image using my Bic Markers and matted it with black and gray cardstock. I created the cardstock base from green cardstock to measure for a 6" x 5.5" card size. I thought the red vertical column looked a little plain, so I stamped the Empty Spider Web image repeatedly on it with black ink. Once I had my layout assembled, I added Diamond Glaze to the window to make it look like glass, and red Stickles to the witches' ruby slippers. They were sparkly in the movie, right? The Stickles were a must here!



Stamps: All stamps by DRS Designs
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, Colorbox Pigment Brush Pad in Silver
Paper: Smooth white cardstock by Office Depot, colored cardstock by Bazzil and the Paper Company
Accessories: Bic Markers, Xmas Red Stickles by Ranger, Diamond Glaze by Judi-Kins, Ribbon from Jolie Chocolat/SEI, Nestie

I'd love to hear from you. Please leave me a comment!

TGIT! (Thank God it's Thursday--today is my Friday! No work for me tomorrow!) I'm going to craft away my Friday! Stay tuned to see my latest project!


Smiles,
Jennifer

2 comments:

Heather said...

Great job with that stamp! Your card is super cute!

Anonymous said...

Cute cute card!! :) Love your coloring!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin