Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Snowflake Delight!

Here's another winter card I've recently made. I just can't get away from that snowflake background stamp or the new ribbon slides recently released by DRS Designs!



I had this sketch already created on paper, so the first thing I did to create this card was to create my cardstock base. It was made from white cardstock and measures 4" x 8." I then decorated it with the Snowflake Background and blue ink.

Next, I heat embossed the ribbon slide 3 times using silver embossing powder and light blue cardstock. I cut each one out and cut out the middle portions so that I could thread ribbon through them. I used sheer light blue ribbon to tie a knot in the center of each one. I used my Nesties to create the embossed white square and dark blue scallop square behind each one.

Then I cut a long light blue rectangle column and matted it with dark blue. I adhered each of the matted snowflakes as shown and added a snowflake brad above and below the center snowflake. I adhered this column to the left side of my cardstock base and added the same light blue ribbon with a knot on the right side of the card base.

I have to admit, the pictures here do not do this card justice. It is so pretty in person. I wish I could be with all of you, so you could see it for yourself!

  • Ink: Rubber Stampede Embossing Ink, Colorbox Fluid chalk in Azurite blue
  • Paper: Cardstock by Paper Reflections
  • Accessories: Silver Embossing Powder by Creative Beginnings, Nesties, Ribbon-unknown
Hope you're having a great day!

Smiles,
Jennifer


PS: I just learned that DRS Designs will be releasing some new Fall and Halloween Stamps on September 15th! Stay tuned for later this week as I will be revealing a few sneak peeks! (I'm so excited!!)

4 comments:

MaryNSC said...

O WOW I Love it.. I was trying to think of something to make for my friend U just solved the PROBLEM.. BEAUTIFUL!!!
THANK U!!!

CharityHand said...

Beautiful snowflake card!!

Awna said...

I really like this snowflake card! Great job.

shuggy said...

what a neat card!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin