Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Saturday, September 6, 2008

Sketch Challenge SC192


I usually find the Sketch Challenges on SCS rather easy to complete. However, the last 2 sketches I have struggled and struggled to finish. I guess it's because the sketches call for 2 different types of coordinating patterned paper, or at least that's how I'm interpreting them! Well, I'm trying to use up supplies that I already have rather than make any more purchases, so finding matching paper for this was a bit difficult!

Well, I finally came up with something I was happy with. How'd I do?






The image was colored with pencils and then I decorated the corners with a corner rounder. I matted it a few times and used a corner rounder on those corners as well.


I picked my patterned paper and coordinating cardstock colors for the card base & matting layers. This finished card measures 5.75" x 6." I hid the dividing line between the 2 patterned paper with ribbon and then used a slot punch to add a touch of ribbon to the image. I adhered the matted image to the center of the patterned paper, and added a dark brown brad to each of the 4 corners. This was then adhered to my card base & that's it...my card was finished!




Stamps: DRS Designs- Sunflower Pumpkin Patch
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black
Paper: Smooth white cardstock from Office Depot, Bazzill cardstock, Patterned paper from the Paper Studio
Accessories: Prismacolor Pencils, Joann's Scrap Essentials Brads, Michael's ribbon-Dashes, Dots, and Checks, Brown Zig marker for doodling, SU! Horizontal punch




Please leave me a comment. I'd love to hear from you!



Have a great weekend!




Smiles,
Jennifer

3 comments:

Heather said...

Fantastic coloring job! Wonderful card!

Traci G said...

This is such a pretty card Jennifer! I also love the way you did your corners! It's very eye catching!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful card!! Your coloring is fabulous!! Love the new look of your blog!! :) TFS!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin