Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Saturday, February 28, 2009

Happy Anniversary!

Finally, Here's my Fun Filled Friday card! I challenged Kimmy to create Anniversary cards for this week's theme.


I've made wedding cards before, but I've never made an Anniversary card. When I actually sat down to make it, I realized I don't have any images that are truly wedding or anniversary related, other than this "Happy" set from Clearly Wordsworth. It comes with a bunch of words to go with the "Happy," like Birthday, New Home, New Year, Everything, Thanksgiving, Halloween, New Job, Graduation, Day etc. Luckily for this challenge, Anniversary was one of them as well!







I colored "Happy" with a pink Prismacolor Pencil and blended the color with Gamsol. Then I stamped Anniversary in the little space under the H and A where it fits perfectly. I inked the edges and matted it in pink and gray cardstock.


Both, the Silhouette Love Heart from DRS Designs and the word Happy are painted with Shimmerz!




Stamps: DRS Designs- Silhouette Love Heart, and sentiment from Clearly Wordsworth
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, Colorbox Fluid Chalk Ink in Rose Coral, SU! Regal Rose
Paper: Smooth white cardstock by Office Depot, Colored Cardstock by American Crafts,
Accessories: Prismacolor Pencils, Gamsol, Cuttlebug and Heart Blocks Embossing Folder, Opal Shimmerz, Heart Brads by Joann's Scrap Essentials, Nesties, Ribbon by S.E.I.
Finished Card Size: 4.5" x 5.75"


Make sure to run over to Kimmy's Blog and take a look at her Anniversary card.



Sorry for the quick post, but I'm off to see my cousin & her newborn baby girl, Brielle!



Stay tuned, Kimmy's picked the next Fun Filled Friday Challenge and we'll announce it tomorrow!

Smiles,
Jennifer

4 comments:

Maria Matter said...

Hi Jennifer!
You did an excellent job on this anniv. card! Ya know, using what you have to make what you want is a trait of a REAL crafter! This is beautiful!
You have a lovely blog!
Great pix of your family below...you all have beautiful smiles!
Blessings, Maria

Traci G said...

Very pretty anniversary card!! It's fun!

Heather said...

Wonderful Anniversary card! Love the brads and the shimmerz! Great job!

Anonymous said...

What a really pretty design Jennifer!! Love your textured BG!! :) TFS!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin