Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Who Loves Moose?

The card I made for this week's Card Sketch Wednesday Challenge features another fun moose image from Sunflowers and Dragonflies.

Here's today's sketch:
Here's my challenge card, made especially for all you Canadians and Moose lovers out there!


I colored this image with pencils and blended the colors with Gamsol. The maple leaves were created by stamping the Canada Beaver image twice, coloring the maple leaves with pencil, and then cutting them out. I used my Nesties to cut out the circles and squares (diamonds) that I used to mat them.



Stamps: Sunflowers and Dragonflies Creative Designs- Canada Moose and Maple Leaves from the Canada Beaver
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, Colorbox Fluid Chalk Ink
Paper: Smooth white cardstock by Office Depot, Colored Cardstock by The Paper Company,
Accessories: Prismacolor Pencils, Gamsol, Nesties, Brads by Recollections and American Crafts
Finished Card Size: 5.75" x 5"

Make sure to leave me a link if you use this sketch. I'd love to see what you create!

Well, I finally received my new stamps from DRS Designs. Have you seen their new releases? They are just too cute--I think this is my favorite set of stamps yet! Today is my day off & I'm plan on playing with them all day. Hopefully the ideas I have in my head go well and I can show you something new tomorrow!

Have a great day!


Smiles,
Jennifer

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great card! So much fun! I might have time today to play with this sketch since it is only 5:30am :)

Anonymous said...

What a fun sketch and adorable card you created with it!! :) TFS!

Jessica G. said...

What a fun moose! Great coloring and that looks like a very versatile sketch!

Anonymous said...

Now how cool is that. You are ingenious thinking to stamp out the beaver twice to get the maple leaf. Rock on!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin