Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Monday, February 16, 2009

Time Flies in Mexico!

Well, I'm home from Cancun, Mexico! We had a wonderful trip! It was fun, relaxing, and hot--just like a vacation should be! The weather everyday was about 80 degrees, with a cool breeze.


One thing I learned is that I don't like the Mexican Minute. The entire 7 days we were there just flew right by! To be honest we didn't do a whole lot except hang out at the pool and collect seashells at the beach. We've developed great tans this way! We also enjoyed many frozen cocktails-like Chocolate Banana Monkeys and Banana Banchees-Both were like frozen coconut drinks, but the Monkey one had Hershey's syrup in it. Yum! I'll really miss those drinks!


Here are a few pics of our resort taken from our balcony. It was Heavenly! (You can click on any of these pictures for a close up view.)





One night we went on a Lobster dinner cruise, which included all you can drink (Yikes!) with steak and Lobster as the sun set. It was a great time as well.
Here's DH and I on the Lobster Cruise--can you tell I have a sunburn?




This is a picture of one of the many, many iguanas we saw. They love the sun & this one was working on his tan! Isn't he huge? Head to tail this one is about 14-15 inches long!





Here's DH & I on the beach. We've stayed at this resort several times before and since one of the hurricanes a year or two ago the beach has completely eroded. The tide has been high ever since. It used to be so sandy and you could play in the waves, but now since the sand has washed away the beach front is lined with big huge rocks. We still made the best of it by sitting on plastic chairs at the shore line and letting the waves splash us to keep us cool. We felt like kids again--you couldn't get us out of the water!





Now that the trip is over I wish we would have a done a little more of the tourist-type stuff, but at the same time I really enjoyed just relaxing and hanging out at the beach. That's not something we get to do often back home in Michigan. Now it's back to reality and to the cold weather! Yuck! It was 26 degrees and snowing when we drove home from the airport.
Well, It's back to work for me, Gotta run!

Smiles,
Jennifer

5 comments:

Cindi said...

awesome pics!!! I can just feel the intense sun and cool breeze! I love cancun and have been 5 times , it is a wonderful vacation, I am glad you had a great trip
:)

Swamp Tulip said...

Welcome home! Your pictures are great. I wish we had planned a winter vaca but we're not planning a get away until May :( Those drinks sound yummy too!

Teresa

Anonymous said...

WOWZER Jen!! These pics look wonderful!! You probably didn't want to come back!! TEEHEE!! So glad you had a wonderful time!! Welcome home!! :) TFS!

Anonymous said...

Welcome back. Your room view was lovely!!! It certainly looks like you had a blast.

Lisa T said...

Looks like you had a wonderful vacation. The scene from your balcony is breathtaking! From Mexico to Michigan, huh? That's surely a change of pace, lol. Stay warm!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin