Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

What's good for the Goose

is good for the Gander!


Have you ever heard that saying before?
Gander actually refers to a male, while Goose refers to a female.


Well, I'm not sure if this image is a Goose or Gander, but it's a fun, new image from Sunflowers and Dragonflies Creative Designs!




There's really not much to this card, but I'm happy with it's simplicity. I colored this image with Prismacolor Pencils and blended the colors with Gamsol. I inked the edges, added some brads, and matted it as shown. The bow was added last.



"DING!" The light bulb just went off. Did you hear it? LOL! It just occurred to me that this goose is walking in water--DUH! I should have added some Diamond Glaze to it to make it really appear that way! I'm going to do it and edit this post to show it to you later. Make sure to come back and check it out, OK?

ETA: Ok, Here it is! I've applied Diamond Glaze to the water. The shine from the Diamond Glaze almost make it look like the water is moving, doesn't it? It kind of gives it that ripple effect!



Stamps: Sunflowers and Dragonflies Creative Designs- Canada Goose Standing
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, Colorbox Fluid Chalk Ink in French Blue
Paper: Smooth white cardstock by Office Depot, Colored Cardstock by The Paper Company
Accessories: Prismacolor Pencils, Gamsol, EK Success Decorative Corner Punch, Fabric Ribbon by Peebles Inc., Brads by Making Memories and Joann's Scrap Essentials
Finished Card Size: 5" x 5 3/4"

I'll be back later to update this post & I'll have a Card Sketch challenge for you tomorrow.

Happy Stamping & Card Making!

I'm off to play!

Smiles,
Jennifer

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great card! I love your bow and the way you colored the goose!

Anonymous said...

Simply nice!! The bow is such a nice touch.

Anonymous said...

What a darling creation Jen!! :) I really love that yummy ribbon and perfect bow!! TFS!!

Jessica G. said...

What a realistic goose image -- bet it was fun to color! I like your idea about adding the CE to for water effects, too.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin