Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Monday, February 9, 2009

I've Got a Secret--Or Two!!

Remember the Masculine Moose Birthday card I posted a few days ago? Are you ready for all the details?


I must confess, I've been holding a couple of secrets for quite some time! Now, is the big secret reveal...you ready?

Secret #1:

There's a new stamp company out there. I'm proud to announce the debut of:






The owner of this great stamp company is my good friend Beth, of Sunflowersanddragonflies, whom I met on the Stamp Shack. Beth is from Sarnia, Canada and she is the artist behind many of the images from this company. She has something for everyone, especially Canadians, as many of her stamps have a Canadian flair! From Moose and Beavers to hockey and soccer as well as Architecture and East Coast Themes. If it's Canadian you'll see a stamp for it from this new company. She also features some Red Hat ladies and other products like Twinkling H2O's, Prima Flowers and stamps from Rachel Anne Miller!


Secret #2:

I am honored to say that I am one of the Design Team members for this new company! Yeah!


Other Design Team members include:












Can you believe it? I'm so glad I can finally share these secrets with you. I've been bursting at the seams for several months using the new stamps from Sunflowers and Dragonflies and it has been so hard not to share my work with you...until now!


A few days a go I shared this card with you--Read on for all of the details!



To create this card I first stamped the Moose on white cardstock. Then, I stamped it again on a post-it note to use it to do the masking technique as I created the background. I also used post it notes to create the horizon line. I sponged both the sky, and the grass. I colored the moose with markers and created the grass "clumps" with markers as well.


I created the cloud appearance by using a scalloped circle as a stencil and inked just a portion of the edges around the scallops. This creates the "fluffy" look. I matted the image scene on light blue cardstock and then again on dark blue cardstock. I tied ribbon through the opening in the tag and adhered it to the lower left corner of the image as shown. I created the card base from yellow-green cardstock that measures for a 5.5" x 4.75" card. I adhered the matted image scene to the front and I used my Score-Pal to create the embossed score line around the image.




Stamps: Sunflowers and Dragonflies Creative Designs-Moose
ersafine Onyx Black, SU! Ballet Blue, Colorbox Fluid Chalk Ink in French Blue, Blue Iris, Lime Pastel and Olive Pastel
Paper: Smooth white cardstock by Office Depot, Bazzill Cardstock
Accessories: Score Pal, Bic Markers, Offray Ribbon, Metal sentiment tag unknown




Now Run over there & go take a look. She really has a lot to offer and more will be coming soon!

Happy Shopping!

Smiles,
Jennifer


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah Jennifer!! I know you will be a great asset to the team!! They're so lucky to have you, you do such fabulous work!! :) CONGRATS!!

Anonymous said...

Welcome aboard. We are so lucky to have you join us. You are very talented and have lots of enthusiasm. Hope to see you soon.

Hugs,

Beth

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin