Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Friday, February 20, 2009

Take Ten

Minutes that is!


Are you familiar with Take Ten magazine? All of the cards featured in this magazine can be created in 10 minutes or less! How's that for speedy crafting?!?!?!


Well, speedy crafting isn't my style. If you're a regular reader, you've heard me mention before that creating just one card takes me quite a while because I'm a perfectionist. (This trait was given to me by mother & her family--there are several of us women that share this quality!) Luckily, this trait is neither good nor bad, but it makes crafting a little slow for me, however I do enjoy it!





Anyways, getting to my point...Today is Fun Filled Friday! Kimmy challenged us to make a card in 10 minutes, just like those seen in the Take Ten magazine. I did it! Another challenge completed, and yes, this was definitely a huge challenge for me. I had to work very quickly!




Stamps: DRS Designs- Overflowing Birthday Greeting
Ink: SU! Rose Red
Paper: Smooth white cardstock by Office Depot, Colored Cardstock by American Crafts
Accessories: Nesties, Cuttlebug and Textile Texture Embossing Folder, Prima Flowers, brads by American Crafts
Finished Card Size: 4" x 4.25"


Knowing that the time limit was only 10 minutes, I knew a sentiment was in order for this card--No time for coloring! This sentiment is a new one for me that I just received from DRS Designs, but it's not one of their current releases. When I saw this in my package the other day I immediately knew that I wanted to use it for this challenge. I love the wording and the font! It's a beautiful stamp, don't you agree?

Luckily, both circles were already cut out with Nesties for me. I pulled them from my scraps and built the rest of the card around them. (I hope this isn't cheating!) I used the Textile Texture Embossing folder for a little texture and then decorated the card front with some Prima flowers. I have tons of them and definitely don't use them enough. I needed a quick and easy embellishment and what could be quicker & easier then Primas?!

Make to to run over to Kimmy's blog to see her 10 minute Challenge Card!

Did you make a 10 minute card this week? Please share the link with me if you did. I want to see your version too!

Thanks for visiting today! Have a wonderful weekend!

Smiles,
Jennifer

3 comments:

Jessica G. said...

I agree -- the more I stamp, the harder it is to make a clean and simple card! Great job with this one; it's vibrant with just the right amount of texture!

Anonymous said...

Very nice. I agree, I can't do a card in 10 minutes or less.

Anonymous said...

Jennifer, I have to say that I subscribe to that and I just LOVE that magazine!! I've had it ever since it started!! :) I never do a 10 minute either! But wow! Your card turned out so gorgeous!! TFS! :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin