Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Friday, February 27, 2009

2 Cards in One!

I've been working (what feels like) day & night creating cards with the new stamps from DRS Designs. Unfortunately for those of you following Fun Filled Friday, I'm not quite ready. Stay tuned to see my Anniversary card tomorrow.


And to prove to you how busy I've been lately, I'm sharing two cards in one day! Rarely do I ever do this, but today is the exception!


This latest batch of new releases from DRS Designs are my favorite, and I'm having tons of fun with them! As many of you know, I love sketch challenges. I found time to complete both of this week's sketch challenges from CPS and SCS.


First up, is this weeks Card Position Systems Sketch. I love the bright and cheery colors on this Birthday card. Plus, it was rather quick and easy to make!


I colored this image with marker, and then I cut the sentiment away from the image to follow the sketch. (FYI: on the actual stamp, the image is centered just below the image.) I used my Prima flowers again! Glad I've been able to put them to use lately. I haven't used them in so long they've begun to pile up!



Stamps: DRS Designs- Birthday Candle Burst
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black
Paper: Smooth white cardstock by Office Depot, Colored Cardstock by The Paper Company
Accessories: Bic Markers, Cuttlebug and Happy Birthday Embossing folder, Brads by Recollections and All My Memories, Prima Flowers, EK Success Corner Rounder
Finished Card Size: 4 3/8" x 5 5/8"



Here's the other card I made using the Splitcoast Stamper's Sketch challenge, SC217. Perfect for St. Patty's Day in every way!


This card uses one of DRS Designs Stick N Stamp Sets. These are sets of four images and they have many themes available. You can see them all here.

The background was created by stamping the Four Leaf Clover image and the clover from the Stick N Stamp set repeatedly with Versamark ink. The sentiment was heat embossed with Gold Embossing Powder and I applied Gold Stickles to the coins in the pot of gold and on the hat's buckle.

Stamps: DRS Designs- Four Leaf Clover, Irish Stick N Stamp, Happy St. Pat's Day Sentiment
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, SU! Handsome Hunter ink, Versamark Ink, Rubber Stampede Embossing Ink

Paper: Smooth white cardstock by Office Depot, Colored Cardstock by The Paper Company, Gold Paper by The Paper Studio
Accessories: Prismacolor Pencils, Gamsol, Brads by Joann's Scrap Essentials, Gold Stickles, Cuttlebug and Charm Dies, Creative Beginnings Gold Embossing Powder
Finished Card Size: 5" x 5 5/8"




Hope you've enjoyed both of these cards today! Thanks for visiting!


Wishing you all a fun filled weekend!


Smiles,
Jennifer

4 comments:

Jessica G. said...

How fun and appropriate to use the CB charms on your St. Patrick's Day card! I'm planning on using mine from the blog candy today on a dog-themed card. Thanks again for all the goodies!

Anonymous said...

Your cards are so gorgeous Jen!! That yellow color on your creations really makes them stand out!! Your take on both sketches is just awesome!! :) You have been a busy girl!! TFS!

Judy Rozema said...

Jennifer, these are really neat! I especially like the birthday candles and that sketch! I will have to check that out!

Traci G said...

wow! these are great!!! You did a great job with the sketches!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin