Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Friday, February 13, 2009

A Valentine's Day Card with no Red!

I challenged Kimmy to a Stipulation challenge theme for this week's Fun Filled Friday Challenge.


This means that our finished project had to portray the following 5 requirements:

-Main image must be matted on a circle,


-Project must use the color pink

-It has to contain a least one heart,


-It must contain at least one button


-It can NOT have the color Red





I've been thinking these stipulations would make for a great Valentine's Day card, BUT, how do you make a Valentine's Day card without red?


Well, I've done it! It took me a while--I was always reaching for something that was red, then I'd catch myself and remember that I couldn't use it.




My first step in making this card was to heat emboss the Giga Heart Circle image in white embossing powder on white cardstock. Then I used a Brayer and pink ink to "paint" around it. I used my Nesties to mat and layer this image. Next, I stamped the Silhouette Love heart image with light pink ink and used foam tape to mount it on top of the inner circle as shown to create the focal point of my card.


I created the card base from light pink cardstock and then layered it with dark pink cardstock that I ran through my Cuttlebug with the Heart Blocks Embossing Folder. I adhered the focal image to the center of the card base and then added my heart buttons to the upper left and button right corners of the card front.







Stamps: DRS Designs-Silhouette Love Heart, Giga Heart Circle

Ink: SU! Rose Red and Regal Rose, Embossing Ink by Rubber Stampede
Paper: Smooth white cardstock by Office Depot, Colored cardstock by American Crafts
Accessories: Creative Beginnings Embossing Powder, Cuttlebug and Heart Blocks Embossing Folder, Buttons by JHB International, EK Success Decorative Corner Punch, Nesties, Brayer, 3D-Dots, Nice & Narrow Ribbon by Offray
Finished Card Size: 4.25" x 5.5"





So, there you have it...a Valentine's Day card without using Red! See, it is possible!




Make sure to run over and check out Kimmy's Stipulation card.



Think she was able to successfully attempt the challenge?

Thanks for visiting today!



Smiles,
Jennifer

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin