Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Friday, February 6, 2009

Looks Like I'm Stamping on a Chalk Board...

...with this week's Fun Filled Friday Challenge, but I'm not! I'm just using the Chalkboard technique to make it look that way!


Have you ever tried this before? It was a lot of fun and I love the finished look. It really looks like a chalkboard! I used white ink to stamp each image on smooth black cardstock, and then applied chalk (using the applicators that came with my chalk set) to the stamped image before the ink dried. Easy, peasy and so unique. How often do you find yourself stamping on dark colored cardstock?



Make sure to run over and check out Kimmy's Chalkboard technique card.



Stamps: DRS Designs- Silhouette Love Heart, Silhouette Live Flower, Silhouette Believe Butterfly, Happy Birthday Sentiment
Ink: Versa Color ink in White
Paper: Smooth black cardstock by The Paper Company, Colored Cardstock by American Crafts
Accessories: Pink Brads by Doodlebug Designs, Ribbon By Bobbie M. Designs
Finished Card Size: 4.25" x 7"




**Don't forget, you only have a few days left to enter DRS Designs latest Blog Candy offer to win a free roll of 2-sided adhesive. Click over to this post and leave a comment telling us what your favorite DRS Designs image is. You can read more about this adhesive on that post as well. You have until this Sunday evening, Feb 8th to be entered into the drawing!

Hope you all have a Great Weekend! Thanks for visiting today!


Smiles,
Jennifer

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin