Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Monday, February 23, 2009

Tag, You're It!

There's a new challenge today on the DRS Designs blog. It's all about tags! This challenge requires you to use tag on your creation.


Here's what I came up with:


I started by stamping the large shamrock in black ink and then stamping it again on a post-it note to create a reverse mask--I cut the shamrock out of the post-it note, to create a stencil. Then, I used sponge daubers and 2 shades of green ink to color the shamrock.



I used my Heidi Swapp Edge Distresser to rough up all the edges on this card. The tag was created using a Cuttlebug Charm Die for the base and the white circle was cut with my Nesties. I tied the ribbon in a knot through the hole in the charm die cut and then put a white brad in the hole.


As a final touch, I added some sparkle by shading the large shamrock with Shimmerz.


Stamps: DRS Designs- Large Brush Shamrock, Happy St. Patrick's Day Sentiment
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, Colorbox Fluid Chalk Ink in Lime Pastel and Colorbox Pigment ink in Green
Paper: Smooth white cardstock by Office Depot, Colored Cardstock by American Crafts
Accessories: Cuttlebug and Divine Swirls Embossing Folder, Charm Die, Sponge Daubers, Ribbon Trends by The Paper Studio, Eyelets by Joann's Scrap Essentials, Sagebrush Shimmerz, Brads by All My Memories and American Crafts, Heidi Swapp Edge Distresser, Nesties, 3D-Dots
Finished Card Size: 5.25" x 5.5"


Tag, You're it!

It's your turn to participate in the tag challenge!
And when you do, please share your tag creations with us as well. If you have DRS images, please use them...if not, you're still welcome to play and inspire us. The challenges run for two weeks but you can play along with any at any time. If you play, please post a link in the comments section of that challenge with a direct link on the DRS Designs Tag Challenge post so we can take a look at your creation. Also, if you upload to a public gallery, please use the keyword DRSC15.


Make sure to check out the out the challenge projects from the other DT members:

Cathy
Dawn
Heather
Jessica
Vicki

Thanks for visiting my blog and for sharing your comments with me. I appreciate each one!

Have a Wonderful Monday!

Smiles,
Jennifer

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW Jen!! I just love the beautiful shimmer on your clover!! Your cute circle tag adds the perfect touch to this!! ;) Love that yummy dotted ribbon too!! TFS!

Jessica G. said...

Beautiful shamrock; I really like the Shimmerz! Fun use of the tag, too.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin