Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Thursday, February 19, 2009

CPS 103-Happy Birthday, with a Cherry On Top!

I received my newest package of stamps yesterday from DRS Designs. This is my favorite package yet! There are tons of new Birthday images and sentiments & lots of St. Patty's Day stuff too! You can see all of their new releases here.




I used one of my new stamps to play with this week's CPS sketch challenge.




I colored this image with Prismacolor Pencils and blended the colors with Gamsol. I applied Diamond Glaze to the cherry, to give it a shiny look, and Liquid Applique to the frosting, to make it look lumpy-bumpy like frosting really is. Then, I matted it using my Nesties. I stamped the sentiment on smooth cardstock and then ran it through my Cuttlebug with the Swiss Dots Embossing Folder for some added texture. Then, I did a little matting and added the red brads. Finally, I adhered the layers according to the sketch. The matted cupcake was adhered using foam tape to add dimension. This sketch was pretty simple to work with and fun too!




Stamps: DRS Designs- Cherry Top Cupcake, Happy Moments Happy Days sentiment
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, Colorbox Fluid Chalk Ink in Chestnut Roan
Paper: Smooth white cardstock by Office Depot, Colored Cardstock by Bazzill, American Crafts and The Paper Company
Accessories: Diamond Glaze, Liquid Applique, Prismacolor Pencils, Gamsol, Cuttlebug and Swiss Dots Embossing Folder, Brads by Making Memories, Nesties, 3-D Dots
Finished Card Size: 5 1/8" x 5 3/4"



I've recently been inspired to use Liquid Applique from blog hopping & seeing so many others use it. I asked around a little bit and added it to my shopping list when I was out and about yesterday. What you see here on this card is my first time using it. How fun and so cool! My friend Vicki gave me a little tip--She said she only buys the white Liquid Applique and then uses ink refills to create any color she needs to match her project. Great idea huh? For my cupcake frosting, I used a sponge dauber to apply brown ink to the Liquid Applique. I'm happy with the final look.


Stay tuned tomorrow to see my Fun Filled Friday Challenge card. This week's theme is to create a card in 10 minutes or less. Why don't you give it a try?


Hope you have a wonderful day!


Smiles,
Jennifer


PS: Happy Gray's Anatomy Thursday! Any other GA fans out there? I can't wait to see what happens tonight!




4 comments:

Lea L. said...

This is so cute...loving that sweet cupcake!! Great job with sketch 103...thanks for playing at CPS this week!

~lea

Linda Beeson said...

Really cute card! LOVE the colors and the embossing. Cute cupcake and great use of the CPS sketch.

Lynn P. said...

Love that cupcake. I really like these colors together, the embossing - and thanks for the tip on the LQ

Anonymous said...

WOW Jen!! You got that stuff FAST!! I've been a little busy and haven't been able to do my blog hopping until now...but what a darling CARD!!! That frosting looks OH so yummy I must say!! :) BTW...sometimes for stuff like popcorn, I will puff up the white liquid applique and use yellow chalk to color in the popcorn!! :) Try it out!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin