Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Canadian Beaver!

Believe it or not, one thing I'm happy about now that my vacation is over is getting back to stamping. It was a nice break & now it's time to put all of my fresh ideas into play!


Awhile ago Beth, from Sunflowers and Dragonflies, asked me to be a part of her DT so I have been playing with her stamps for several months now. I'm so happy to be able to share these projects with you now!



Can you see all of the Canadian Pride in this Jolly Fella? I think he's just too cute in his Maple Leaf shirt!

I colored him with markers and then stamped him again so that I could cut out the maple leaf from his shirt. I used this as a stencil, laid in a small plain circle Nestie to create the background paper, using red ink and a sponge dauber. I also used my Nesties to create the scalloped edge.



Stamps: Sunflowers and Dragonflies Creative Designs Canada Beaver
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, Colorbox Fluid Chalk Ink in Warm Red
Paper: Smooth white cardstock by Office Depot, Colored Cardstock by The Paper Company
Accessories: Bic markers, Nesties, Brads by American Crafts

I'm still waiting for my new rubber from DRS Designs and with the US President's Day Holiday this week, my mail is postponed even more. Until then, I'll be busy playing with my new stuff from Sunflowers and Dragonflies. I'll share more cards with Canadian flair often this week. Stay Tuned...

Thanks for visiting today--see you tomorrow!


Smiles,
Jennifer


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is such a really CUTE image!! :) Love how you've done the BG too!! TFS! Congrats on the DT!! Off to check it out!!

Anonymous said...

WOW he is so cute! I love the way you did the background!

Kim said...

Ahhh...he is so cute!! I haven't been to your blog for awhile and am having fun browsing!! :)

Jessica G. said...

What a fun way to use the maple leaf to create your own personalized DP!

Jessica G. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

This is one cool card. I love the background too.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin