Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Saturday, February 21, 2009

First Color Challenge-Failed!

I colored this Rachelle Anne Miller image from Sunflowers and Dragonflies for this week's color challenge on the Magnolia VS Stampavie blog. The challenge was to use Chocolate chip, Old Olive, Not quite Navy and Bashful Blue.




I think this is my first time attempting to participate in a color challenge, and unfortunately, it didn't go so well! I colored the grass, her dress, her hair and basket, and then I got S-T-U-C-K! Based on how I colored it up to that point, I ran out of options when the time came to color the flowers, and I didn't know what to do! So, I ended up "failing" the challenge and colored them light purple instead. I'm happy with how the colors turned out, even if it no longer qualifies for the challenge. Oh Well!

I was however, able to shape this card into fitting this weeks sketch challenge on Splitcoast (SC216). At least I was successful in completing one challenge with it!





I colored this image with pencils and blended the colors with Gamsol. Then I layered and layered (and layered!) to fit the sketch. Do you think it's a little busy?!?!?

It was fun to make and that's the important part, right?

Stamps: Sunflowers and Dragonflies- Rachelle Anne Miller-Picking Flowers
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black
Paper: Smooth white cardstock by Office Depot, Colored Cardstock by American Crafts
Accessories: Nesties, Fiskars Treading water punch, Brads by Joann's Scrap Essentials, Ribbon by Michael's Dashes, Dots & Checks & American Crafts
Finished Card Size: 5.5" x 4.5"



I also wanted to Thanks all of you who sent my Great Aunt a 93rd Birthday card. Thank you so, so much! She received about 25 and she still has them trickling in. She's enjoyed every single one! I'll have her picture to show you tomorrow.


Well, we're under a Winter storm today--expecting 4-8 inches of snow over the next several hours or so. I'm spending it in my craft room, sipping on a nice cup of hot cocoa. Yum!

Stay tuned for more fun stuff over the next few days!

Smiles,
Jennifer

3 comments:

Jessica G. said...

No way would I call this card a 'failure' -- it turned out wonderful, happy accidents and all. I never would have thought to use this color combo, but it looks so cheery, perfect for the image. Stay warm!

Anonymous said...

Exactly...what SHE said!! This is so beautiful Jen!! What a fab idea to turn the sketch around like that and your colors are so GORGEOUS!! You know I'm going to like anything with a shade of purple, right?!! TEEHEE!! I think your coloring is so pretty...seriously!!!

Anonymous said...

What do you mean you failed?! I LOVE this card. The colours are so bright and vibrant, and who says you can't colour the flowers purple. Great job Jennifer!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin