Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Monday, December 1, 2008

You're Invited...

If you read my post from yesterday, I mentioned that we were under our first winter storm warning of the year. Well, as it turned out it wasn't as bad as we thought it was going to be, but we did receive a solid 3 inches of snow. The largest part of the storm came yesterday afternoon and it snowed big fat flakes! It was so pretty that I snapped a few pics of the snowfall looking out at my backyard to show you.






This last pictures shows the flakes the best. Do you have an pics of a recent snowfall to share? let me know if you do. I love looking at them!

So, anyways, on to today's project...
It's that time of year again to send out your Christmas Party invitations!

DRS Designs has some new stamps to help you complete the job creating them!

Here's a quick and easy sample Christmas Party Invitation I made using the new "You're Invited," Square Button Snowman, and Triple Holly images. I also decorated the area around the text using the Snowflake Background stamp (My Favorite!). Overall, I think this took me about a half hour to make, including the computer time actually creating the text for the invitation. This sample would be very easy to mass produce.



I printed the text from my computer on white cardstock with red ink. Then, I trimmed it down to the size I wanted to use & matted it with red cardstock.




I matted it as shown and added the Holly image to the upper right corner with foam tape, and the Snowman was adhered directly to the bottom right corner. I colored the Holly with pencils and the snowman with markers. Of course I had to add Stickles for a little bling! The center of each snowflake in the background, the Holly berries and the snowman all sparkle!


What's even better is this finished card size measures 6.25" x 4.5," so it will it perfectly in a 5" x 7" envelope--Ideal for snail mailing!

Stamps: DRS Designs- Vertical You're Invited, Lil Stretch the Square Button Snowman, Interlocking Snowflake Background, Triple Holly
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, Colorbox Fluid Chalk Ink in French Blue
Paper: Smooth white cardstock by Office Depot, Colored Cardstock by The Paper Company, Bazzill Cardstock
Accessories: Prismacolor Pencils, Gamsol, Bic markers, Icicle Stickles, Xmas Red Stickles, 3D-Dots
Finished Card Size: 6.25" x 4.5"

Any of you love owls? Make sure to check back tomorrow to see what I've done with the new owl image from DRS Designs. I promise you'll love it!


Smiles,
Jennifer

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin