Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Saturday, December 6, 2008

Geometric Note!

When I stamp & create my cards I usually have a plan. Either I've already colored the image that I want to use, I have a sketch drawn out on a piece of scratch paper, or flat out, I have the finished card pictured in my head. Yes, that last one happens, but not too often!



Earlier this week I sat in my studio wanting to do something different, or should I say, create something different. I came up with the idea that I was just going to stamp away without any type of plan & just let my fingers do the creating without putting any major thought into what I was going to come up with.




The outcome...is this Geometric Note Card!
Definitely, not my usual style, but that's what I was going for!



This card features one of the new Ribbon Slides by DRS Designs. However, I've used it like an embellishment here, rather than a ribbon slide. I added a brad to the center, which is where you would remove the 2 small portions to thread the ribbon through it.





I had fun using brown ink, and lots of cuts with my Nestabilities. I also used the Easy Dot Background stamp to make my own pattern paper. I thought it would go well with the dots on the button ribbon slide.




I didn't plan for a sentiment on this card at all (well, there was no planning anything, remember?) but when all was said and done it needed something. I managed to use my Stamp-a-ma-jig to squeeze "Just a Note" right in between all of those dots and the scalloped squares! Turned out pretty well didn't it?





Then I added the matted ribbon slides on with foam tape and added some dark brown and copper ribbon to the bottom for a little umph.




Stamps: DRS Designs- Button Ribbon Slide, Easy Dot Background Stamp, Just a Note...Sentiment
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, Colorbox Fluid Chalk Ink in Chestnut Roan
Paper: Smooth white cardstock by Office Depot, Colored Cardstock by The Paper Company
Accessories: Nesties, Stamp-a-ma-jig, Brads by Joann's Scrap Essentials, Ribbon by Bobbie M. Designs and Midori Double Faced Satin Velvet Brown ribbon
Finished Card Size: Approx. 5" x 6" (Sorry, again I forgot to write down the size of the card before I sent it to DRS Designs.)


So, Do you have any big plans for this weekend? Today, we were going to go and cut down our Christmas Tree, but we woke up to an unexpected blizzard outside and it's only about 20 degrees. I think we'll try again tomorrow! Tomorrow my mom and sister will be coming over because it is baking day at my house--Christmas Cookies that is! I'm so excited!

Hope you have a wonderful weekend!


Smiles,
Jennifer

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin