Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Meet Oswald, a New Hooter!

We all know Owls are one of the latest crazes among the stamping world. Did you see the new owl image from DRS Designs?



Let me introduce you to Oswald the Owl!





I created this fun card to make it look like he was up in the trees. Do you get this effect?




I created the background by stamping the Pine Tree image, alternating one up, one down using both dark & light Olive green ink. Then, I filled in the trees with chalk. I used a decorative corner punch on each of the four corners and matted it with dark green cardstock. I added 4 copper brads in each corner for a little contrast.



Oswald was colored with Prismacolor pencils and blended with Gamsol. I used my Nesties to cut him out and mat him. I created the polka dots with a brown Zig marker. I tied dark brown ribbon and orange & olive green ribbon together in a knot & wrapped it around the front of the pine tree background. I used foam tape to adhere Oswald on top of the pine tree background.

I had an itching to use my sewing machine on this card. I haven't used it in a while & figured I should make it a point to use it if I can. So, I did! I sewed a horizontal line at the top & bottom portions of a lime green cardstock panel that I placed behind the pine tree background. It's definitely different, but I really like the look!

Stamps: DRS Designs- Oswald the Owl, Pine Tree
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, Colorbox Fluid Chalk Ink in Olive Pastel and Lime Pastel
Paper: Smooth white cardstock by Office Depot, Colored Cardstock by The Paper Company,
Accessories: EK Success Decorative Corner Punch, Janome Sew Mini Sewing Machine, brown thread-unknown, Copper Brads by Joann's Scrap Essentials, Ribbon by Joann's Autumn Inspirations and Midori Double Faced Satin in Velvet Brown, Nesties, Brawn Zig Marker, Chalk by Inkadinkado, 3D-Dots
Finished Card Size: 5.75" x 5.5"

Hope you've enjoyed meeting Oswald today!

Stay tuned right here to Ink N Scrap Habits for tomorrow's Sketch Challenge!

Have a wonderful day!


Smiles,
Jennifer

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

TEEHEE!! Love the name you "dubbed" Oswald!! ;) What a very pretty creation!! Love the stitching strip!! TFS!

MaryNSC said...

O WOW I Love Him I love what all U did too.. I am going to have to check him out My Hubbies name is Hooter..:O)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin