Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Friday, December 19, 2008

No Stamping Christmas Card!

Happy Friday!



Kimmy picked this weeks Fun Filled Friday Challenge for us to create a card with NO STAMPING! How do you tell a Stamper to do that? I guess that's what makes this a challenge after all, right? I had a lot of fun with this & I'm eager to see what Kimmy came up with. Make sure to run over to her blog to see her version!






I sent out store bought Christmas cards this year. I know it's a terrible thing to do when you make cards yourself, but I send out over 50, and the thought of making all of them just overwhelms me. (I do, however, make just a few to give to my stamping friends.) So, as I was writing them, I made a few errors by spelling peoples names wrong or leaving words out etc. and when I was done I had 4 cards that I couldn't send out because of my mistakes. That's when the light bulb went off in my head & I knew I could use one of them for my "No Stamping" challenge this week!




The front picture on this card is actually cut from one of the store-bought cards I made a mistake on. I just cut the front image out & layered it with red, green and gold cardstock. Then, I added some ribbon around the front of a red base with a couple of gold brads for some accent color and adhered it to the front of a green cardstock base. I'm really glad I made this card & it was so quick and easy that I might just do it with the other cards I made mistakes on as well and re-use them for next year. The image is really pretty isn't? I'd hate for it to go to waste.


Stamps: No Stamps, image from Carlton Cards
Ink: No Ink
Paper: Colored Cardstock by Bazzill
Accessories: Square Gold brads by Joann's Scrap Essentials, Ribbon by Bobbie M. Designs, Heidi Swapp Edge Distresser
Finished Card Size: 4.25" x 6.75"




Stay tuned for Sunday when we announce next weeks Fun Filled Friday Challenge.



Hope all all have a Safe & Wonderful Weekend!



Smiles,
Jennifer

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin