Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Monday, December 8, 2008

Tis the Season for Ornaments!

Today starts a new biweekly challenge over at the DRS Designs Blog. Tis the season for making your own Ornaments! DRS Designs has a TON of holiday images perfect for the job! Anyone can play along in the challenge and we hope you will! There are no limits on time or supplies...feel free to use other images while you are waiting for your DRS order to arrive, and to catch up on past challenges as well. Just be sure to post a direct link so we can check out your creation. If you upload to an online gallery, please use the keyword DRSC10 for this ornament challenge.

Here are the 2 ornaments I made for this challenge:



The Merry Christmas Holly wreath was colored with Bic Markers and then I used my Nesties to add layers of different colored cardstock. I used a white Gel pen to add the white dots and then added Red Xmas Stickles to add a little sparkle!




This Holly and Bells Tag Ornament was colored with Prismacolor Pencils and blended with Gamsol. I added the Season's Greetings Sentiment using brown ink and paper pierced the edges. It's difficult to see, but I also used Diamond Glaze on the bells to make them look like metal.



Don't forget to check out inspiration from the other DRS design team members:

Angel Rivera

Cathy Indelicato (Team Coordinator)

Dawn Knight

Etha Schuette

Heather Lee-Reppen

Janette Olen

Jessica George

Jessica Knutsen

Vicki Parson


Hope you all have a wonderful week!



Smiles,
Jennifer

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What wonderful ideas for ornaments Jennifer!! Love your creations!! Thanks for sharing these!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, beautiful decorations!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin