Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Birthday Series Continued

Yesterday I mentioned that I have been taken over by the holiday spirit and have only created Holiday cards for over 2 weeks now. I've decided to break things up a bit by posting several Birthday cards I've recently made. Make sure to scroll down for yesterday's card.

Today's birthday card features one of the Birthday themed postage frames by DRS Designs, however I did not ink the frame part when I stamped it. This created a really nice birthday image for my card front.




I colored the image with pencils, and layered it with different colored cardstock using my Nesties. I ran a small piece of red cardstock through the Cuttlebug with the Happy Birthday Embossing Folder to add some dimension to the card. I matted it with dark blue cardstock and used a decorative corner punch on all the corners. If you look close enough, you'll be able to see that the ribbon I used is yellow but with a touch of red plaid--the red is really faint.







Stamps: DRS Designs- Happy Birthday Postage Frame
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black
Paper: Smooth white cardstock by Office Depot, Colored Cardstock by Bazzill
Accessories: Prismacolor Pencils, Cuttlebug, Happy Birthday Embossing folder, Nesties, Ribbon by Peebles Inc., EK Success Decorative Corner punch, Brads by Recollections
Finished Card Size: 4.25" x 5.75"




Hope you're enjoying my birthday series! I'll have another birthday card for you tomorrow (I hope! I'll be busy working on it this evening!) Then, it will be more holiday cards for the rest of the week. Tis the season! :-)


Happy Holidays!


Smiles,
Jennifer

1 comment:

There She Goes Clear Stamps said...

Great job, I love the bright colors!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin