Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Saturday, December 13, 2008

No Fear, Santa's Here!

Yesterday's Fun Filled Friday Challenge was all about Santa! Sorry for the delay in getting him posted--Good things come to those who wait, right?



I love the way this cutey-pie Santa turned out!




I colored him with Prismacolor pencils and blended the colors with Gamsol. Then, I added Diamond Glaze to his beard, moustache, eyebrows and cotton parts of his hat & sprinkled it with white Fun Flock. This Santa is soft and fluffy! Next I added some Sparkle to the snow around the chimney to make it look like real snow and ice--I love all the texture in this image!




As you can see, my background uses the new snowflake Cuttlebug Embossing folder. DH bought it for me for Christmas, but he doesn't know it yet! (Wink!)



Stamps: Image by Penny Black, Sentiment by DRS Designs
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, Colorbox Fluid Chalk Ink in Lipstick Red
Paper: Smooth white cardstock by Office Depot, Colored Cardstock by Bazzill
Accessories: Prismacolor Pencils, Gamsol, Diamond Glaze, White Fun Flock, Stickles, Brads by Joann's Scrap Essentials, Nesties, Ribbon by Bobbie M. Designs, Heidi Swap Edge Distresser
Finished Card Size: 5.5" x 5.5"


Kimmy and I have been debating about whether or not to continue our Fun Filled Friday Challenges in the new year. Please help us decide! I've placed a poll on my blog for you to give us your feedback. Please vote and/or leave me a comment with your thought and opinions. This poll will run through New Year's Day when we'll decide to keep it or not.

(Fun Filled Friday is where Kimmy and I host card making challenges on our blogs every week. We call them Fun Filled Fridays (FFF). We take turns every other week giving a challenge. These challenges are announced every Sunday, and we display our finished cards for that challenge the following Friday. Kimmy and I keep the details to ourselves regarding these challenge cards, so until her challenge post Friday, I have no idea what she is planning on making until I see it, just like the rest of you, and vice versa. I think it is so much fun to see how different or similar our cards turn out.)

Thanks for vising my Santa today!

Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Smiles,
Jennifer

1 comment:

Thanh Vo said...

Definitely worth the wait, he's adorable!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin